┌── Oliver Henshaw
┌── William Henshaw ─────────┤
│ 1804-1891 │
│ └── Lydia Andrews
George Eddy Henshaw ───┤
B: c1839 │ ┌── Jeremiah Wetherbee
D: 1862 │ │
└── Sarah Holden Wetherbee ──┤
└── Mercy Holden
George Eddy Henshaw [ID 02595]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born about 1839, Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.1,2,3 Baptized Mar 19 1843, Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.4,5
On Aug 30 1861 George E. Henshaw, age 21, enlisted as a sergeant in Company A, 18th Massachusetts Infantry; mustered in Oct 12 1861; he served as a clerk. Distinguished Service. He declared his residence as Cambridgeport, Massachusetts.6
George Eddy Henshaw died May 20 1862, Alexandria, Virginia.6,7 Medical: George died of disease while in Civil War service.6
George's death was reported in the "Cambridge Chronicle" (Cambridge, Massachusetts) on Saturday, May 31, 1862:7
In the Hospital at Alexandria, 20th inst., George Eddy Henshaw, 22 years 6 mos. 3 days.
- Cleveland/Graham database: http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/l/e/richard-w-cleveland/index.html.
- 1850 census, Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts; roll M432-325, page 14, line #34, dwelling #215, family #243.
- 1860 census, 4th Ward, Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts; roll M653-508, page 511, line #32, dwelling #2477, family #3186.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data from Dean Pullen ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Eugene James Weatherby (), citing:
"Weatherbee Round-Up", Volume XIII, Number 5, Sep/Oct 1989, page 163.
- American Civil War Soldiers; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Cambridge (Massachusetts) Public Library:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Mon Dec 12 17:13:21 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]