+-- John Hinshaw | c1660->1768 +-- William Hinshaw --+ | 1724-1814 | | +-- Elizabeth Belshaw | Rebecca Hinshaw ------+ B: 1789 | +-- Jacob Hinshaw D: 1882 | | +-- Mary Hinshaw -----+ ?-1822 | +-- Rebecca Mackey M: Joshua Hadley, III
|Rebecca Hinshaw     [ID 00261]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born Feb 20 1789, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,7,28,44,129,a,b    Rebecca and Mary were twins.
She married Joshua Hadley, III, 1809.1,28,44,129,a,c,d    Joshua, son of Joshua Hadley & Ruth Lindley, was born Dec 13 1783, Chatham County, North Carolina.28,129,e,a,b    Joshua had been previously married Dec 7 1803 to Lydia Hiatt (Apr 16 1786-Apr 14 1806).d,e,f,b
Note Joshua was the brother of Rebecca's twin sister Mary's husband Joseph!    Note also that Joshua's father had earlier married (as his second wife) Rebecca's second cousin, Jane Hinshaw!28
Although Joshua was sometimes known as "Joshua Hadley, Jr.", he was really "Joshua Hadley, III" - he and his father were known at Cane Creek as Joshua Jr. and Sr. respectively.g
At Cane Creek MM on 3-6-1813, Rebekah was disowned for "marriage out of unity".2
Joshua died Aug 23 1847, buried Mill Creek Cemetery, Danville, Hendricks County, Indiana.28,129,e,a,b
Rebecca and her son, Addison Hadley, donated 110 acres of land and a large sum of money with which the "Hadley Industrial School for Girls" was founded at Danville, Indiana.1
Rebecca was a woman of great energy and fortitude, and strong religious convictions, and a devoted Bible student.    She was a frequent attendant at church, riding horseback when between eighty and ninety years of age.b
Rebecca Hinshaw died Apr 19 1882.b
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
7. Genealogy on file with the LDS (Microfilm number 1126498, Batch 7906602, Sheets 81-84) as submitted by Robert Lee Baker, 1345 Navajo Dr., Pleasant Grove, Utah 84062 ().
28. "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike, from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
129. "Family Tree Maker, Family Archives, World Family Tree", Vol. 3, by Broderbund Software, a collection of individual family group submissions.
(a) GEDCOM file g523.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(b) "History of Hendricks Co. Indiana", 1885 - Clay Township;
(c) http://www.ancestry.com GEDCOM file F1701.GED.
(d) Contribution from Dee March ().
(e) GEDCOM file H7344a at http://www.ancestry.com.
(f) Hadley database: http://www.culpepper.net/genealogy/hadley.
(h) GEDCOM file f1701.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]