+-- Thomas Hinshaw | 1757-1825 +-- Simon Hinshaw ---+ | 1785-1852 | | +-- Rebecca Marshill | 1762-1836 Enan Hinshaw -----+ B: 1824 | +-- Charles Hobson D: 1901 | | +-- Rebecca Hobson --+ 1784-1855 | +-- Sarah Beck M: Rebecca Ingram +-- Charles Newton Hinshaw, 1849-1918 +-- Phoebe Hannah Hinshaw, 1847-? +-- Nancy J. Hinshaw, 1851-1872 +-- Mary E. Hinshaw, 1853-?
|Enan Hinshaw     [ID 00027]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born Sep 22 1824, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,33,44,82,85,93,127,a
Enan was a farmer in McLean County, Illinois.1,85
He married Rebecca Ingram, Jun 11 1846, McLean County, Illinois.1,46,91,93,127,b,c,d    Rebecca Ingram was born Nov 14 1829, Ohio.33,82,85,93,101    (or Nov 30 1829, Ohio).1,93,183,127,205
Enan and family were shown in the 1850 census, McLean County, Illinois:101,e
Enan and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 14 1860), Stout's Grove, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:g
Enan and Rebecca were shown in the 1900 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:k
Enan Hinshaw died Mar 2 1901, McLean County, Illinois; buried in the Hinshaw Cemetery, near Danvers, McLean County, Illinois.1,33,82,93,127
Rebecca Ingram died Jul 24 1908, McLean County, Illinois; buried in the Hinshaw Cemetery, near Danvers, McLean County, Illinois.1,82,93,127,183
Photo: Memorial card from Enan Hinshaw's funeral m
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
33. Gravestone inscriptions in the Hinshaw Cemetery, Stout's Grove Cemetery, Parklawn (Danvers) Cemetery, & Scogin Hill Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
46. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
82. "McLean County Cemeteries", Vol. 11-2, Danvers Township, by the Bloomington-Normal Genealogical Society (McLean County Historical Soc.).
85. United States National Archives, federal Census, 1850.
91. Letters from Warren Gfeller, Wichita, KS (re George/Polly Toliver).
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
101. "1850 Federal Census, McLean County, Illinois" (a summary), GR929.377359 G38 in a local library.
122. State of Illinois, Public Domain Land Tract Sales Archive (gopher://uicvm.cc.uic.edu:70/11/library/libdb/landsale).
127. Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
183. "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) 1900 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois (roll T623_322).
(b) "Illinois Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
(c) Contribution from Mara Bruce () citing:
"McLean Co. Marriage Records 1831 - 1872", Book B, page 128.
(d) Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book B, page 128):
(e) 1850 census, McLean County, Illinois, (roll 117, page 43, family #853).
(f) U.S. Bureau of Land Management - Land Patent database: http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/
(g) 1860 census, Stout's Grove, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M653-204, page 46, line #3, dwelling #317, family #309.
(h) 1870 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; page 344, line #10, dwelling #214, family #215.
(i) 1880 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 154, page 18, line #34, dwelling #158, family #162.
(j) 1880 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 154, page 18, line #37, dwelling #159, family #163.
(k) 1900 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 100, page 11A, line #3, dwelling #237, family #238.
(l) Interview with Lola Hinshaw Worley.
(m) Photo courtesy of David W. Jones.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]