┌── William Wiley Hinshaw
┌── Ralph Edwin Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1887-1965 │
│ └── Emma Albin
Thelma L. Hinshaw ──────┤
B: 1911 │ ┌── Richard Wesley Morris
D: 1977 │ │
└── Elizabeth J. Morris ──┤
└── Sarah Ann Gaddis
M: Vernon Hines Whitney
M: Albert Allen
Thelma L. Hinshaw [ID 02776]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jun 19 1911, Wyoming.1,2,3,4,5,6
She married Vernon Hines Whitney, Jan 20 1930, Yakima County, Washington.7,8 Vernon, son of Dudley George Whitney & Calley/Kathy Pierce, was born Nov 11 1908, Minnesota.2,4,5,9,10,11
Vernon Hines Whitney, Jr., born Oct 13 1931, Washington; died Mar 16 2003; buried San Joaquin Valley National Cemetery.
Harland Wesley Whitney, born c1933, Washington; died Dec 19 1933, Yakima, Yakima County, Washington.
Leland Whitney, born c1935, Washington.
Thelma and Vernon were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 24 1930), Swan Avenue, Leamingburg Precinct, Yakima County, Washington:4
Whitney, Vernon H., head-of-household, age 21, born in Minnesota; father born in Wisconsin; mother born in Texas; first married at age 21; rented home ($10 rent); no radio in home; occupation: plasterer, building; not a war veteran.
Whitney, Thelma L., wife, age 18, born in Wyoming; father born in Indiana; mother born in United States; first married at age 18.
Thelma and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 12 1940), 1420 Roosefelt Avenue, Yakima, Yakima County, Washington:5
Whitney, Vernon, head-of-household, age 31, born in Minnesota; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Grand Coulee, Grant, Washington; owned home ($2700 value); occupation: plasterer, bldg construction; worked 28 weeks in 1939.
Whitney, Thelma, wife, age 28, born in Wyoming; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Grand Coulee, Grant, Washington; occupation: waitress, restaurant; worked 12 weeks in 1939; $200 wages in 1939.
Whitney, Vernon Jr, son, age 8, born in Washington; completed 2nd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Grand Coulee, Grant, Washington; attended school.
Whitney, Leland, son, age 5, born in Washington; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Grand Coulee, Grant, Washington.
Thelma and Vernon apparently divorced. Vernon remarried to Irene M. Anderson, Jun 24 1947, Yakima, Washington.7 Vernon died Sep 18 1981, Los Angeles County, California.2,9
She then married Albert Allen, Dec 14 1952, Spokane County, Washington.1,7
Thelma L. Hinshaw died May 8 1977, Deschutes County, Oregon; age 65.1,2,6
Social Security information for Thelma L. Hinshaw: 538-10-4540
Social Security information for Vernon Hines Whitney: 532-10-8977
- Contribution from Charles Morris ().
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1920 census, 1st Ward, Sheridan, Sheridan County, Wyoming; roll T625-2029, ED 106, page 11A-11B, line #50, dwelling #225, family #264.
- 1930 census, Leamingburg Precinct, Yakima County, Washington; roll T626-2524, ED 60, page 10B, line #89, dwelling #252, family #257.
- 1940 census, Yakima, Yakima County, Washington; roll T627-4371, ED 39-11, page 6B, line #46, household #153.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-1998; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Washington, Marriage Records, 1865-2004; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Johnson Family Tree" posted by "neepilger".
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Eltopia, Franklin County, Washington; roll T624-1656, ED 63, page 2A.
- 1920 census, Yakima, Yakima County, Washington; roll T625-1946, ED 222, page 5B.
- U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Washington, Deaths, 1883-1960; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]