William Leonidas Hinshaw
┌── Ira Hinshaw
┌── Benjamin Hinshaw ───────────────────┤
│ 1860-1925 │
│ └── Louisa (Wells) Staley
William Leonidas Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1897 │
D: 1948 │
└── Jennie Martha Lavina Jane Pickett
M: Ruth Phillips
├── Mattie Lee Hinshaw, 1918-2006
├── David Hinshaw,
└── Florence King Hinshaw, 1923-2004
William Leonidas Hinshaw [ID 02940]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
(William Leonidas Hinshaw)1,2 (Leonidas Hinshaw)3 (Leonadas Hinshaw)4 (Lonnie William Hinshaw)5,6 (William Lonnie Hinshaw)7 Born Sep 1 1897, Alamance County, North Carolina.1,2,4,6,7
He married Ruth Phillips, about 1916.5,3,7 Ruth, daughter of Samuel Larkin Phillips & Addie Stafford, was born about 1897, North Carolina.5,8,6,7
Lonnie and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 20 1920), 518 North Spring, Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina:6
Hinshaw, Lonnie W., head-of-household, age 22, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; owned home; occupation: proprietor, life insurance.
Hinshaw, Ruth, wife, age 23, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
, daughter, age 1 year 4 months, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Phipps, Cora, cousin, age 22, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; occupation: clerk, Woolworth co.
Phipps, Alta, cousin, age 17, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; occupation: saleslady, Woolworth co.
Lonnie and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 1930), Decatur, DeKalb County, Georgia:7
Hinshaw, William L., head-of-household, age 33, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 19; rented home ($22.50 rent); no radio in home; occupation: agent, insurance; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Ruth, wife, age 33, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 19.
, daughter, age 11, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; attended school.
, daughter, age 6, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
William Leonidas Hinshaw died Apr 15 1948.1
Ruth later remarried to Andy Schumacher.8
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- 1900 census, Patterson Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T623-1180, ED 1, page 12A, line #11, dwelling #232, family #232.
- Contribution from DoraLee Harvey Hatley citing: Doris Pike.
- 1910 census, Patterson Township, Alamance County, North Carolina; roll T624-1095, ED 2, page 10B, line #94, dwelling #190, family #193.
- Contribution from Sue Aragon () citing:
Phillips genealogy, 1983, by Joseph Franklin Phillips.
- 1920 census, Greensboro, Morehead Township, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T625-1302, ED 143, page 9B, line #79, dwelling #150, family #168.
- 1930 census, Militia District 531, Decatur, DeKalb County, Georgia; roll T626-351, ED 20, page 17A, line #11, dwelling #207, family #227.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect GEDCOM from Nedra Hunt ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2016, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]