┌── William Henshaw
┌── William Henshaw ───┤
│ 1742-1817 │
│ └── Priscilla Reed
Sarah Henshaw ───┤
B: 1776 │
D: 1856 │
└── Mehitable Moffet
M: Stephen Lusk
Sarah Henshaw [ID 02982]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Sarah Henshaw1 [Sally Henshaw2, Sarah Hencher3,4,5, Sarah Hincher6,7,8].
Born Aug 25 17764,9 [Jun 7 17786, Aug 25 17778], Brookfield, Worcester County, Massachusetts4,9 [Berkshire County, Massachusetts8].
She married Stephen Lusk.1,3,5 Stephen, son of John Lusk & Elizabeth Kellogg, was born Apr 26 1775, Lenox, Berkshire County, Massachusetts.7,8,10
This was Stephen's second marriage.5 He had previously married Chloe Boardman, Jan 6 1799, who had died Oct 3 1799.7
Dennis Lusk, born Jan 29 1802; died Oct 10 1884, buried Pioneer Burying Ground; married Olevia Hazzard (children: William Lusk and Harvey Lusk).
Henry Lusk, born Aug 11 1804; twin; died May 16 1867, buried Pioneer Burying Ground.
Harvey Lusk, born Aug 11 1804; twin; died 1807, buried Pioneer Burying Ground (no gravestone).
Chloe Lusk, born Sep 1 1807, Pittsford, Monroe County, New York; died Aug 10 1887, buried Pioneer Burying Ground; second wife of Capt. Thomas Wilcox (no children).
Sarah Ann Lusk, born May 3 1810; died Dec 10 1841; married Mar 25 1835, Capt. Thomas Wilcox (children: Robert Wilcox, Sarah Ann Wilcox [married - Yale]).
Heman Stephen Lusk, born Aug 18 1812; died Apr 22 1856, buried Pioneer Burying Ground; married Matilda Eckler (children: Stephen Henry Lusk, George Heman Lusk, Franklin Benjamin Lusk, and Sarah Matilda Lusk).
Sarah, Stephen and family were shown in the 1840 census, Pittsford Township, Monroe County, New York:15
Stephen Lusk household:
1 male age 15-20.
2 males age 20-30.
1 male age 60-70 (Stephen).
1 female age 10-15.
1 female age 60-70 (Sarah).
Sarah, Stephen and family were shown in the 1850 census (Aug 20 1850), Pittsford Township, Monroe County, New York:10
Stephen Lusk, male, age 75, born in Massachusetts; farmer.
Sarah Lusk, female, age 74, born in Massachusetts.
Heman Lusk, male, age 38, born in New York; married within the year.
Malinda Lusk, female, age 36 [unclear], born in New York; married within the year.
Edward Lusk, male, age 20, born in New York.
Salva Nichols, male, age 12, born in New York.
Elizabeth Dunfee, female, age 18, born in Canada.
Sarah Henshaw died Jun 1 1856, buried Pioneer Burying Ground, Pittsford, Monroe County, New York.7,8,16
Stephen died Mar - 1860, Pittsford, Monroe County, New York; buried Pioneer Burying Ground, Pittsford, Monroe County, New York.8,17
Photo: Sarah Hincher
Photo: Stephen Lusk
Photo: Sarah Hincher obituary
Photo: Sarah Hincher & Stephen Lusk home Pittsford, New York
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Cleveland/Graham database: http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/l/e/richard-w-cleveland/index.html.
- "History of the Pioneer Settlement of Phelps and Gorham's Purchase and
Morris Reserve". O. Turner; published by William Alling, Rochester; 1851;
Cornell University Library "Making of America" Collection:
- Contribution from Mark Hoy Henshaw citing:
"History of Monroe County New York"; Everts, Ensign, and Everts Publishers, Philadelphia, 1877.
- Contribution from Shawn Barry ().
- Ancestry World Tree, data submitted by Tom Henshaw.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Descendants of Stephen Lusk" posted by "KDKula1".
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing:
Vital Records, Brookfield, Worcester County, Massachusetts; page 127.
- 1850 census, Pittsford Township, Monroe County, New York; roll M432-529, page 220, line #32, dwelling #751, family #751.
- Contribution from E Dean Wilcox () citing: Sarah Ann (Lusk) Wilcox Family Bible.
- 1850 census, Mendon Township, Monroe County, New York; roll M432-529, page 248, line #16, dwelling #1156, family #1156.
- LDS IGI.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1840 census, Pittsford Township, Monroe County, New York; roll M704-297, page 80.
- Contribution from Raymond G. Hincher.
- 1860 U.S. Census Mortality Schedule, Pittsford, Monroe County, New York; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]