┌── Ezra William Hinshaw
┌── Stella H. Hinshaw ──────┤
│ 1873-1970 │
│ └── Elvira E. Griffin
Florence Ada Hockett ───┤
B: 1909 │ ┌── William Edwin Hockett
D: 2000 │ │
└── Curtis Mahlon Hockett ──┤
└── Mary Emily Carey
M: Ralph Mason
M: Gurney Amos Hinshaw
M: - Cook
Florence Ada Hockett [ID 03046]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jul 20 1909, Stickney, Aurora County, South Dakota.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Florence graduated from the University of Arizona at Tucson.8,9
Florence once auditioned for William Wade Hinshaw9 (her 2nd cousin once removed).
Florence was shown in the 1940 census (May 2 1940), working in the household of Lawrence & Dorothy Saunders, Williamson Road, Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania:6
Hockett, Florence, servant, age 30, born in South Dakota; completed 4 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Tucson, Pima County, Arizona; single; occupation: governess, private home; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1560 wages in 1939.
She married Ralph Mason.1
Marty (Martha) Mason; (email: ).
She then married Gurney Amos Hinshaw, Oct 8 1988.1,10 Gurney Amos Hinshaw, son of Horace Mann Hinshaw & Elvira Bogue, was born Jul 6 1902.7,10 Florence and Gurney were first cousins.
Gurney Amos Hinshaw died Sep 21 1995.7,10
She then married - Cook.7
Florence Ada Hockett died Mar 25 2000.7,9
Photo: Florence Ada Hockett 1936 "Desert" yearbook, University of Arizona at Tucson
Social Security information for Florence Ada Hockett: 527-09-2777
- Contribution from Dorothy Ann (Conley) Cline.
- U.S., Hinshaw Index to Selected Quaker Records, 1680-1940; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Center Township, Aurora County, South Dakota; roll T624-1476, ED 3, page 4B, line #58, dwelling #61, family #62.
- 1920 census, Stickney, Center Township, Aurora County, South Dakota; roll T625-1714, ED 3, page 3A, line #48, dwelling #53, family #54.
- 1930 census, Center Township, Aurora County, South Dakota; roll T626-2217, ED 4, page 2A, line #30, dwelling #27, family #28.
- 1940 census, Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania; roll T627-3580, ED 46-90, page 9A, line #34, household #168.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- U.S. School Yearbooks, 1880-2012; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Marty (Martha) Mason-Fopiano.
- Contribution from Horace Cassell Amend.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]