+-- Absolom Hinshaw | 1752-1830 +-- Stephen Hinshaw --+ | 1797-1877 | | +-- Elizabeth Hinshaw | c1753-1833 Asenath Hinshaw ---+ B: 1824 | +-- Charles Davis D: 1900 | | +-- Hannah Davis -----+ 1804-1881 | +-- Hannah Piggott M: David Cox
|Asenath Hinshaw     [ID 00323]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born May 3 1824, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.1,2,45,95,a,b,c
She married David Cox, Nov 27 1845, Piney Ridge MH, North Carolina.1,2,95,d,e    David, son of Jesse Cox & Mary Mackie, was born Mar 11 1819, Randolph County, North Carolina.95,e,a,f,c
Asenath and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 4 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:f
Asenath Hinshaw died Jun 30 1900.e
Photo: Asenath Hinshaw l
Photo: Asenath Hinshaw m
Photo: David Cox m
Photo: Asenath Hinshaw, David Cox, and family m
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
45. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
95. "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H. Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) 1850 census, Southern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 96, line #15, dwelling #222, family #226.
(b) 1870 census, Asheboro P.O., Grant Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 380B, line #30, dwelling #183, family #166.
(c) 1880 census, Grant Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-0978, ED 221, page 164B, line #38, dwelling #99, family #99.
(d) Probate Court record of the last will of Hannah Davis Hinshaw.
(e) Posting Aug 18 2008 by Barclay () to QUAKER-ROOTS-L.
(f) 1860 census, Asheboro P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 238, line #34, dwelling #149, family #149.
(g) GEDCOM file h5142.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(h) RootsWeb WorldConnect data from Deb Landauer ().
(i) Posting Jan 2 2001 by Susan Muglich () to OHSHELBY-L.
(j) Contribution from Yvonne Cox McPherson ().
(k) 1850 census, Southern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 96, line #9, dwelling #221, family #225.
(l) Photo courtesy of Waldo Hinshaw.
(m) Photo courtesy of Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr..
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]