┌── William Hinshaw
┌── Thomas Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1797-1869 │
│ └── Jane Hamm
Rachel Hinshaw ───┤
B: c1828 │
D: c1893 │
└── Elizabeth -
├── William Rylie Hinshaw (1853-1920) 1,2,3
├── Mary Jane Hinshaw (c1855-?) 1,2
└── Cynthia A. Hinshaw (c1857-?) 1,2
M: George Reid
Rachel Hinshaw [ID 03464]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born about 18283,4,5 [about 18301, about 18262], Jackson County, Alabama3,4,5.
Rachel was shown age 22 in the 1850 census,3 yet she was shown age 30 in the 1860 census,1 age 44 in the 1870 census,2 and age 52 in the 1880 census.4
Rachel apparently had three children in the 1850s, while unmarried.1,2,6
Rachel and children were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 11 1860), living with her widowed father and siblings in Jackson County, Alabama:1
, age 60, born in North Carolina; farmer; $1000 real estate; $1000 personal property; cannot read or write.
Rachel Hinshaw, age 30, born in Alabama; cannot read or write.
, age 20, born in Alabama; farmer; cannot read or write.
Rachel and children were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 21 1870), living with the family of sister Sarah Hinshaw Simmons in Jackson County, Alabama:2
Hinshaw, Rachel, age 44, born in Alabama; keeping house; cannot write.
, age 64, born in Alabama; farmer; $200 real estate; $200 personal property; cannot read or write.
Simmons, JohnLiving next door in 1870 was the family of brother Albert.7
, age 14, born in Alabama; farm laborer; cannot read or write.
Rachel was shown in the 1880 census, living and working in the household of a William J. Wilson in Jackson County, Alabama:4
Wilson, William J., age 21, born in Alabama; farming.
Wilson, Sarah A., wife, age 18, born in Tennessee; keeping house.
Wilson, Joseph L., son, age 2, born in Alabama.
Wilson, Charles E., son, age 9 months, born in Alabama.
Hinshaw, Rachiel, age 52, born in Alabama; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Alabama; housekeeper; single; cannot read or write.
She married George Reid.8
Rachel Hinshaw died about 1893.5
- 1860 census, Paint Rock P.O., Jackson County, Alabama; roll M653-11, page 295, line #25, dwelling #196, family #196.
- 1870 census, Scottsboro P.O., Township 2 Range 3, Jackson County, Alabama; roll M593-20, page 128, line #21, dwelling #32, family #32.
- 1850 census, District 21, Jackson County, Alabama; roll M432-7, page 129. line #30, dwelling #361, family #361.
- 1880 census, Jackson County, Alabama; Beat 18, ED 96, page 3B, line #6, dwelling #49, family #53.
- Genealogy data (Henall.FTW) by George Frederick Langley, Jr..
- Contribution from Joanie (Morris) Fisher, citing:
information told by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw.
- 1870 census, Scottsboro P.O., Township 2 Range 3, Jackson County, Alabama; roll M593-20, page 128, line #18, dwelling #31, family #31.
- Contribution from Rochelle T. White ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:32 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]