┌── Frederick Handshoe
┌── Thomas Handshoe ──┤
│ c1849-? │
│ └── Maria P. -
Ira M. Henshaw ──────┤
B: 1886 │
D: 1963 │
└── Alice -
M: Anna Mary Robbins
└── Anna Mary Hyndshaw 1
Ira M. Henshaw [ID 03507]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Ira M. Henshaw2,3,4 [Ira M. Hendshaw1].
Born Jan 30 18861,2,3,5,6 [Jan - 18877], Pennsylvania1,2,3,5,6. Ira and brother Clayton were twins.7
On Sep 12 1918 Ira M. Henshaw, age 32, registered for the World War I draft in Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey. He declared he was born Jan 30th 1886. He declared his nearest relative was his mother, Alice Henshaw. He was recorded as medium height, gray eyes, light hair.5
Ira and his widowed mother were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey:4
Henshaw, Ira M., head-of-household, age 33, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; widower; rented home; occupation: conductor, R.R. train.
Henshaw, Alice S.
, mother, age 62, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; widow.
He married Anna Mary Robbins, about 1925.1,6 Anna, daughter of J. Elston Robbins & Mary Adella Huff, was born Jul 23 1893, New Jersey.1,6
Ira and Annie were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 15 1930), 380 Prospect Street, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey:6
Henshaw, Ira M., head-of-household, age 44, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 39; owned home ($5000 value); radio in home; occupation: conductor, railroad; not a war veteran.
Henshaw, Annie M., wife, age 36, born in New Jersey; parents born in New Jersey; first married at age 31.
Living two houses away in 1930 was the family of brother George.8
In 1963 Ira was still living in New Jersey.2
Ira M. Henshaw died Mar 11 1963.1,2
Anna died Jan 11 1972.1
Social Security information for Ira M. Henshaw: 144-05-2864
- Linda Muessig database: http://mininet.systems.smu.edu/lmuessig/dat72.htm#3.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T624-912, ED 141, page 98B, line #91, dwelling #219, family #221.
- 1920 census, 2nd Ward, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T625-1073, ED 169, page 1A, line #49, dwelling #21, family #22.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, 6th Ward, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T626-1391, ED 31, page 12B, line #51, dwelling #251, family #265.
- 1900 census, Lopatcong Township, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T623-998, ED 192, page 11B, line #66, dwelling #206, family #213.
- 1930 census, 6th Ward, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey; roll T626-1391, ED 31, page 12B, line #57, dwelling #253, family #267.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:34 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]