┌── Adam Stephen Henshaw
┌── James D. Henshaw ──┤
│ 1813-<1880 │
│ └── Margaret McKenny
John Thomas Henshaw ───┤
B: 1855 │ ┌── George Delany
D: 1900 │ │
└── Martha Delaney ────┤
└── Sarah (Delany)
M: Alodia Bell Dodge
├── Morton Henshaw 1
├── James Ila Henshaw (1883-1977) 1,2,3,4
├── William Davis Henshaw (1886-1963) 1,3,4
├── Betty Mollie Henshaw (1888-1977) 1,2,3,4
├── Thomas Anderson Henshaw (1892-1980) 1,2,3,4,5
├── Ann B. Henshaw (1895-) 1,2,3,4,5
└── John Bell Henshaw (1900-1960) 1,2,3,5,6
John Thomas Henshaw [ID 03528]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
John Thomas Henshaw1,2,3,7 [Thomas Henshaw8,9, Thomas Hanshaw10].
Born Dec 24 18551,2,3,8,10 [about 18577,9], Kentucky1,2,3,8,10.
John was shown in the 1880 census (Jun 24 1880), living with brother Anderson in the Caseyville District, Union County, Kentucky:7
, age 29, born in Kentucky; father born in Virginia; mother born in Kentucky; single; farmer.
Henshaw, John T., brother, age 23, born in Kentucky; father born in Virginia; mother born in Kentucky; single; farm hand.
He married Alodia Bell Dodge6 [Lodia Belle Dodge11,12], after 18806. Alodia, daughter of Leige Dodge & Mary Ann Davis1,3,4,5,8,11,12,13,14, was born Sep 21 18591,3,4,5,8,11,12,13,14 [about 186214], Union County, Kentucky1,3,4,5,8,11,12,13,14.
John Thomas Henshaw died Feb 2 1900, buried Caseyville Cemetery, on the Ohio River, 1 1/4 miles above the mouth of the Tradewater River, Union County, Kentucky.1,2,3,8
Widow Alodia and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 7 1900), Caseyville, Union County, Kentucky:4
Henshaw, Alodia B., head-of-household, age 40, born Sep 1859 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; widow; 5 children, 5 living; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
Henshaw, James I.
, son, age 16, born Dec 1883 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school 5 months.
Henshaw, Willie D.
, son, age 13, born June 1886 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school 5 months.
Henshaw, Mollie B.
, daughter, age 11, born Oct 1888 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school 8 months.
Henshaw, Tommie A.
, son, age 8, born July 1891 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school 7 months.
Henshaw, Annie B.
, daughter, age 5, born Mar 1895 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky.
Collins, Thomas, laborer, age 30, born May 1870 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; single; occupation: farm laborer.
Joyce, Malinda, grandmother, age 55, born July 1846 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; widow.
Widow Alodia and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 30 1910), Henshaw, Union County, Kentucky:5
Henshaw, Aloda, head-of-household, age 50, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; widow; 6 children, 6 living; occupation: none, "income"; owned home (free).
, son, age 18 [unclear], born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky.
, daughter, age 15, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school.
, son, age 9, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school.
Watkins, Norb S., boarder, age 17, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; occupation: R.F.P. carrier, mail.
Alodia died Sep 24 1913, Union County, Kentucky; age 54 years 3 days.1,2,3,8,11,12,13 Death certificate #25442; informant was son Thomas Henshaw.12 Medical: Alodia died from dropsy.12
Photo: Alodia Bell Dodge Henshaw gravestone Caseyville Cemetery
- Contribution from Jane Markham citing:
family bibles, and information from Alodia Henshaw.
- Contribution from Richard Young ().
- Contribution from John Thomas Henshaw.
- 1900 census, 4th District, Caseyville, Union County, Kentucky; roll T623-553, ED 82, page 5A, line #7, dwelling #81, family #88.
- 1910 census, 3rd District, Henshaw, Union County, Kentucky; roll T624-504, ED 119, page 116B, line #97, dwelling #230, family #233.
- Contribution from Lorrie Nell Henshaw.
- 1880 census, Caseyville District, Union County, Kentucky; roll T9-0444, ED 34, page 608C, line #32, dwelling #9, family #9.
- Caseyville Cemetery burials; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1860 census, Morganfield P.O., Union County, Kentucky; roll M653-398, page 455, line #5, dwelling #1013, family #1013.
- 1870 census, Caseyville P.O., Caseyville Precinct, Union County, Kentucky; roll M593-501, page 278, line #37, dwelling #371, family #379.
- "Kentucky Vital Records Index", University of Kentucky:
- Death certificate, Commonwealth of Kentucky, State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics; contributed by Joy Bliss Gerber
- Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Caseyville, Union County, Kentucky; roll T9-0444, ED 34, page 609A, line #47, dwelling #9, family #9.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:35 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]