┌── Jesse Hinshaw
┌── William Hinshaw ────┤
│ 1802-1877 │
│ └── Eunice Gifford
Eliza Jane Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1825 │ ┌── James W. Mendenhall
D: 1904 │ │
└── Hannah Mendenhall ──┤
└── Miriam Hoggatt
M: Miles Chamness
Eliza Jane Hinshaw [ID 00366]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 8-15-1825, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.1,2,3,4
She married Miles Chamness2,5,6,7, Nov 3 18452,5,6,7 [Nov 20 18453], Randolph County, North Carolina2,5,6,7. Miles, son of Anthony Chamness & Amy Reynolds2,3,4, was born Sep 22 18102,3,4 [about 18128], Randolph County, North Carolina2,3,4.
A marriage bond was recorded for Eliza Jane & Miles Chamness on Nov 3 1845, Randolph County, North Carolina.5
At Marlborough MM on 2-7-1846, Eliza Jane Chamness (formerly Hinshaw) condemned her "marriage out of unity".1
Lorenzo Leonidas Chamness, born Aug 23 1846, died Dec 20 1922; married Martha C. Wood; buried at Providence.
Orlendo/Arlendo Gustavus Chamness, born Mar 4 1851, died Mar 2 1891; married Katherine Mather Bristow.
Hannah Emma Chamness, born Oct 6 1855, died Feb 16 1930; married Stanton Presnell King (May 4 1860 - Nov 13 1936); both buried at Providence.
Edwina Chamness, born about 1858.
Eliza and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 10 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:8
Miles Chamness, age 48, born in North Carolina; farmer; $850 real estate; $1115 personal property.
Eliza J. Chamness, age 30; domestic.
Lorenzo L. Chamness, age 12.
Orlendo G. Chamness, age 7.
Hannah Chamness, age 4.
John Smith, age 17; bound.
Mary Reynolds, age 20; domestic.
Living next door in 1860 were Eliza's parents;9 a few houses away was the family of son Orlando.10
Miles died Sep 26 1887, Brunswick, North Carolina; buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,3,4,7
Eliza Jane Hinshaw died Apr 13 1904, buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,3,4
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- Chamness Family Database: http://bgwilliams.apexhosting.com/uscham.htm.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Providence Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume IV". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1991 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "Mendenhall-DL Genealogical Database",
from William Dean Leonard ().
- 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 279, line #7, dwelling #765, family #765.
- 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 279, line #14, dwelling #766, family #766.
- 1860 census, New Salem P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 279, line #39, dwelling #773, family #773.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 12:33:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]