┌── Absalom Hinshaw
┌── William Thomas Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1868-1937 │
│ └── Edith H. West
Donald Larkin Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1898 │ ┌── Solomon Woodland
D: 1966 │ │
No Issue └── Renna Maranda Woodland ──┤
└── Katherine Reeves
M: Ida Grace Humbert
Donald Larkin Hinshaw [ID 03675]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Donald Larkin Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5,6,7 [Larkin Donald Hinshaw8].
Born Mar 28 1898, Potts Hill Road, Twin Township, Ross County, Ohio.1,2,3,5,6,7,9,10,11
On Sep 12 1918 Donald Larkin Hinshaw, age 20, registered for the World War I draft in Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana. He declared he was born Mar 28 1898, and was then residing at 834 Em[..unclear..], Huntington, Indiana, employed by the Erie R.R. He declared his nearest relative was Wm Hinshaw of RR 1, Bainbridge, Ohio. He was recorded as tall, slender, grey eyes, red hair.1
Donald was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), living or staying in a lodging house in Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana:10
Henshaw, Donald L., lodger, age 21, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; single; occupation: [..unclear..] R.R.
He married Ida Grace Humbert5,9,11 [Grace Humbert12,13,14], Jun 10 19295,9,11. Ida, daughter of Cornelius F. Humbert & Mary C. Ashba, was born Jun 24 1894, Indiana.6,9,11,12,13,14
Donald and Ida were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana:11
Hinshaw, Donald L., head-of-household, age 32, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 31; owned home ($2000 value); radio in home; occupation: brakeman, steam road; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Ida G., wife, age 35, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 34.
Humbert, Mary K., mother-in-law, age 66, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Pennsylvania; widow; first married at age 19 [unclear].
Donald Larkin Hinshaw died Dec - 1966, Manatee County, Florida; buried Pilgrims Rest Cemetery (Peoples Cemetery), Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana.4,6,7
Ida died 1983, buried Pilgrims Rest Cemetery (Peoples Cemetery), Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana.6
Photo: Donald Hinshaw with father and brothers
Photo: Donald Larkin Hinshaw & Ida Grace Humbert gravestone Pilgrims Rest Cemetery
Social Security information for Donald Larkin Hinshaw: 706-16-8204
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Twin Township, Ross County, Ohio; ED 102, page 182B, line #55, dwelling #109, family #111.
- 1910 census, Twin Township, Ross County, Ohio; ED 180, page 136A, line #29, dwelling #114, family #117.
- Florida Death Index, 1877-1998; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Family group sheets contributed by Melissa Kay Hinshaw Owens
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Ginger-lyn (Hinshaw) Summer.
- Contribution from Ginger-lyn (Hinshaw) Summer citing:
Information from Ginger-lyn's cousin, Jane Walls Wilson.
- 1920 census, 3rd Ward, Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana; roll T625-437, ED 112, page 5A, line #38, dwelling #119, family #125.
- 1930 census, 4th Ward, Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana; roll T626-593, ED 8, page 5A, line #46, dwelling #105, family #106.
- 1900 census, 2nd Ward, Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana; roll T623-378, ED 80, page 25A, line #13, dwelling #592, family #609.
- 1910 census, 4th Ward, Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana; roll T624-356, ED 94, page 2B, line #51, dwelling #38, family #38.
- 1920 census, 4th Ward, Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana; roll T625-437, ED 115, page 10A, line #47, dwelling #213, family #225.
- Photo courtesy of Ginger-lyn (Hinshaw) Summer.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]