+-- John Hinshaw | 1747-1800 +-- John Hinshaw --+ | 1777-1836 | | +-- Ruth (Pike) Weisner | 1744-1795 Ruth Hinshaw ---+ B: 1800 | +-- Tristram Macy D: 1869 | | +-- Lydia Macy ----+ 1776-1868 | +-- Miriam Barnard M: Isaac Hobson
|Ruth Hinshaw     [ID 00371]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 7-18-1800, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.2,44,53,93,191,a,b
She married Isaac Hobson, 7-18-1822, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.1,2,44,47,103,93    Isaac, son of Stephen Hobson & Deborah Marshill, was born 1-27-1798, Chatham County, North Carolina.2,53,93,191,205
Note that Isaac Hobson was the son of Deborah (Marshill) Hinshaw (wife of Benjamin Hinshaw), by her second husband, Stephen Hobson.    Therefore, Isaac and Ruth were (step) first cousins, once removed.93
At West Union MM on 4-16-1849, Ruth Hobson was appointed to a committee on first-day school.53
Widow Ruth and children were shown in the 1850 census (Oct 1 1850), Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana:a
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
53. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
103. "Additions, Corrections, & Comments - Abstracts of the Record of the Society of Friends in Indiana", by Roger S. Boone, 1978, Springfield, Ohio; In the Newberry Library in Chicago.
191. "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) 1850 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll M432-162, page 125B-126A; line #40, dwelling #433, family #433.
(b) 1860 census, Monrovia P.O., Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll M653-284, page 630; line #8, dwelling #602, family #613.
(c) 1840 census, Morgan County, Indiana; roll 100, page 156.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]