┌── John Hinshaw
┌── Benjamin H. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1782-1866 │
│ └── Ruth (Pike) Weisner
Anna H. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1810 │ ┌── William Bowman
D: 1887 │ │
└── Annas Bowman ─────────┤
└── Anna Workman
M: Solomon Cox
Anna H. Hinshaw [ID 00392]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Anna H. Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [Anna W. Hinshaw6, Anne Hinshaw7].
Born 8-30-1810, Marlborough MM, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,4,5,6,8,9
She married Solomon Cox, Aug 16 1832, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,5,7,10,11,12 Solomon, son of William + Ruth Cox, was born Nov 25 1809, Randolph County, North Carolina.6,12,13
A marriage bond was recorded for Anna Hinshaw & Solomon Cox on Aug 16 1832, Randolph County, North Carolina.2
At Marlborough MM on 9-6-1832, Anna Cox (formerly Hinshaw) was disowned for her "marriage out of unity".1
Anna and Solomon settled in West Liberty, Indiana.14
Milton Cox, born Nov 11 1833; died Jul 26 1908; married Sarah Elma Rich, Oct 21 1858.
Cyrus Cox, born Aug 20 1835; died 1862; married Rachel Ellis, Jun 24 1858.
Annis/Anna Cox, born Dec 30 1837; died 1907; married E.F. Farrington, Apr 10 1857.
Maria Cox, born Mar 19 1840; died 1917; married William A. Bagwell, Feb 20 1860.
Susan Cox, born Apr 26 1842; died 1855, buried Forks of the Creek Cemetery, Howard County, Indiana.
Nancy E. Cox, born Mar 31 1846; died Oct 31 1927; married Josiah P. Pierce, Jul 29 1866.
Solomon died May 29 1849, Indiana; age 39Y 6M 4D.6,12,13,14
Widow Anna and family were shown in the 1850 census, Green Township, Howard County, Indiana, as follows:8
Anna Cox, age 39, born in North Carolina; $400 real estate.
Milton Cox, age 16, born in Indiana; blacksmith.
Cyrus Cox, age 14, born in Indiana.
Anna Cox, age 12, born in Indiana.
Mariah [sic] Cox, age 10, born in Indiana.
Susen [sic] Cox, age 8, born in Indiana.
Nancy Cox, age 4, born in Indiana.
Living nearby in 1850 was the family of Anna's brother, John Hinshaw.17
Widow Anna and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 24 1860), Union Township, Howard County, Indiana:9
Anna Cox, age 49, born in North Carolina; $1500 real estate; $200 personal property.
Nancy Cox, age 14.
Cyrus Cox, age 23; farmer; attended school.
Rachel Cox, age 21, born in Tennessee.
Franklin Cox, age 1.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of son Milton Cox;18 one more house away was the family of brother John Hinshaw.19
Anna H. Hinshaw died Apr 17 188711,12,14 [Apr 19 18876]; age 76Y 7M 19D11,12,14.
Photo: Anna Hinshaw Cox gravestone
Photo: Solomon Cox gravestone
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- Contribution from A. M. Greenlee ().
- Seth Hinshaw family bible, from "Hinshaw Family Bible Records",
LDS microfilm 1906029, Item 1.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- 1850 census, Green Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M432-151, page 469B, line #21, dwelling #72, family #72.
- 1860 census, Jerome P.O., Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 698, line #16, dwelling #1416, family #1315.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families"
by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of
the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS),
- Family group sheets from Linda Kendall, Kokomo, Indiana
- Posting Jan 26 1998 by John Lambert () on the Cox GenForum:
- Posting by John Lambert () at http://www.genforum.com/hinshaw/messages/6.html.
- Contribution from Becky (Helms) Bailey ().
- Index to Marriage Records, Howard County, Indiana, 1844-1920.
- 1850 census, Green Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M432-151, page 469A, line #36, dwelling #68, family #68.
- 1860 census, Jerome P.O., Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 698, line #13, dwelling #1415, family #1314.
- 1860 census, Jerome P.O., Union Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 698, line #5, dwelling #1414, family #1313.
- Photo courtesy of Becky (Helms) Bailey ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 12:33:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]