┌── Absolom Hinshaw
┌── Jacob Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1787-1832 │
│ └── Elizabeth Hinshaw
Eunice Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1829 │ ┌── Charles Davis
D: 1877 │ │
└── Mary Davis ─────┤
└── Hannah Piggott
M: Calvin Brown
Eunice Hinshaw [ID 00404]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 2-27-1829, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
She married Calvin Brown, Jul 3 1849, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,3,4,8,9,10 Calvin, son of William Brown & Lydia Cox, was born Mar 15 1822, Randolph County, North Carolina.4,5,6,11,12,13
A marriage bond was recorded for Eunice Hinshaw & Calvin Brown on Jul 3 1849, Randolph County, North Carolina.8
At Holly Spring MM on 8-17-1850, Eunice Brown condemned her marriage contrary to discipline.1,2
Mary Eleanor Brown, born May 17/18 1850; died Apr 22 1882; married c1870 Joshua Moffitt (children: Otelia Annette, Ada Rebecca, Letha Alice, Elma F., Homer Parris, Cicero and Robert Newton Moffitt).
Roxannah Brown, born Oct 4 1851; married Eli Cox.
Lutitia A. Brown, born Mar 15 1853; married Jeremiah Osborn.
Cornelia Jane Brown, born c1855; died c1884, buried Brush Creek Baptist Church Cemetery, Bear Creek, Chatham County, NC; married James Allen Phillips (children: Carson P., Isa Eunice, Eppie M., Roxie, and Clatie Phillips).
Almeda/Almtious E. Brown, born c1857.
Huldah Brown, born c1858.
Eunice and Calvin were shown in the 1850 census (Apr 2 1850), Randolph County, North Carolina:5
Calvin Brown, age 28, born in North Carolina; farmer; $400 real estate.
Eunice Brown, age 21, born in North Carolina.
Eunice and family were shown in the 1860 census (Sep 8 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:6
Calvin Brown, age 38, born in North Carolina; farmer; $2930 real estate; $955 personal property.
Eunice Brown, age 30; domestic.
Mary E. Brown, age 9.
Roxannah. Brown, age 8.
Lutitia A. Brown, age 6.
Cornelia J. Brown, age 5.
Almeda E. Brown, age 3.
Huldah Brown, age 2.
Calvin died Jun 14 1864, Randolph County, North Carolina.11,12
Widow Eunice and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 23 1870), Bear Creek Township, Chatham County, North Carolina:7
Brown, Eunius, female age 41, born in North Carolina; keeping house; $2000 real estate; $1000 personal property.
Brown, Cornelius, female age 15, born in North Carolina; attended school.
Brown, Almtious E., female age 13, born in North Carolina; attended school.
Living next door in 1870 was the family of a Millen Brown;19 also nearby was the family of a Nathan Brown;20 these might have been Calvin's brothers.21
Eunice Hinshaw died Sep 27 1877, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.1,2,3,4
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H.
Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1850 census, Southern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 89, line #19, dwelling #99, family #103.
- 1860 census, Fousts Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 637/318, line #24, dwelling #1382, family #1382.
- 1870 census, Grove P.O., Bear Creek Township, Chatham County, North Carolina; roll M593-1129, page 13, line #27, dwelling #220, family #220.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jack Scholten ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Judith Mukensnabl ().
- Contribution from Kathryn B. Auman ().
- Contribution from LaVonne Stout Oertel ().
- LDS IGI, citing: member submission.
- Contribution from Tim Cassell ().
- 1880 census, Bear Creek Township, Chatham County, North Carolina; roll T9-958, ED 30, page 167C, line #9, dwelling #74, family #74.
- 1870 census, Grove P.O., Bear Creek Township, Chatham County, North Carolina; roll M593-1129, page 13, line #30, dwelling #221, family #221.
- 1870 census, Grove P.O., Bear Creek Township, Chatham County, North Carolina; roll M593-1129, page 13, line #11, dwelling #217, family #217.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]