┌── Ezra Ira Hinshaw
┌── Virgil Goodman Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1876-1952 │
│ └── Glaphrey Goodman
Harold Richard Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1912 │ ┌── Henry Piltz
D: 1976 │ │
└── Eva C. Piltz ────────────┤
M: Ellen Mae Surbur
├── Richard Lee Hinshaw (1937-) 1,2,3,4,5,6
├── James Corwin Hinshaw (1940-2014) 1,2,3,4,5,6
└── Kenneth Linley Hinshaw (1943-) 1,2,4,5,6
Harold Richard Hinshaw [ID 04063]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug 7 1912, Oregon.1,3,7,8,9,10,11,12
He married Ellen Mae Surbur.5 Ellen was born Aug 2 1915, Arkansas.2,3
Harold and family were shown in the 1939 city directory of Pasadena, California:13
Hinshaw Harold R (Ellen M) lab h1945 N Madison av
Harold and family were shown in the 1940 city directory of Pasadena, California:13
Hinshaw Harold R (Ellen M) h1945 N Madison av
Harold and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 1940), 1943 N. Madison Ave., Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California:3
Hinshaw, Harold, head-of-household, age 27, born in Oregon; completed 3 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; rented home ($16/month rent); occupation: playground supervisor, public school project; worked 26 weeks in 1939; $410 wages in 1939.
Hinshaw, Ellen, wife, age 24, born in Arkansas; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
On May 10 1945 Harold R. Hinshaw, born 1912 in Oregon, enlisted at Fort Macarthur San Pedro, California as a private in the U.S. Army. He declared he had 3 years of college, and was then married.14 Discharged Dec 12 1945.10
Harold and family were shown in the 1947 city directory of Pasadena, California:13
Hinshaw Harold R (Ellen M) dr TMCCo h1943 N Madison av
Harold and family were shown in the 1949 city directory of Pasadena, California:13
Hinshaw Harold R (Ellen) plstr h1943 N Madison av
Harold and family were shown in the 1951 city directory of Pasadena, California:13
Hinshaw Ellen M pntrs hlpr CCPCo r1945 N Madison
Hinshaw Harold R (Ellen) plstr h1945 N Madison
Harold Richard Hinshaw died Jun 13 1976, Los Angeles County, California.7,8,9,10
Ellen Mae remarried to a - Blachley.2
Ellen died Jan 13 20002 [Jan 15 20007], Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada2; buried Memory Gardens2.
Ellen Mae's obituary was published in the "Las Vegas Sun" (Las Vegas, Nevada) on Monday, January 17, 2000:2
Ellen Mae Blachley
Ellen Mae Blachley, 84, of Las Vegas died Thursday in Las Vegas. She was born Aug. 2, 1915, in Arkansas. A resident for 10 years, she was a supervisor for a calculator company.
She is survived by three sons, James Hinshaw of Las Vegas, Richard Hinshaw of Florida and Kenneth Hinshaw of California; nine grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
Visitation is scheduled 9:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. services Wednesday in Bunkers Mortuary, 925 Las Vegas Blvd. North. Burial will follow in Memory Gardens.
Photo: Harold Richard Hinshaw photo postcard: age 2.5 months, 14 lbs., backside has "best wishes from Virgil & Eva Hinshaw, LaGrange, IL"
Social Security information for Harold Richard Hinshaw: 568-05-8469
Social Security information for Ellen Mae Surbur: 548-36-5755
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- Obituary of Ellen Mae Blachley; the "Las Vegas Sun", Jan 17 2000:
- 1940 census, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California; roll T627-240, ED 19-436, page 2B, line #78, household #51.
- Contribution from Elisabeth Mary Hinshaw-Osgood.
- Contribution from James Corwin Hinshaw.
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, La Grange village, Lyons Township, Cook County, Illinois; roll T625-360, ED 105, page 16A, line #41, dwelling #259, family #300.
- 1930 census, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-168, ED 1215, page 7B, line #62, dwelling #213, family #227.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
- eBay item #1098902271, Apr 30 2002.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 15:52:19 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]