┌── Jacob Benjamin Hinshaw
┌── Charles Allen Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1860-1945 │
│ └── Malinda Davis
Malinda Belle Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1884 │ ┌── Laban Pickard
D: ? │ │
└── Luria Ellen Pickard ────┤
└── Rhoda Mendenhall
M: George Bond
Malinda Belle Hinshaw [ID 04132]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan 7 18841,2,3,4,5 [about 18836], Kansas1,2,3,4,5.
She married George Bond, Feb 15 1905.1 George was born Feb 18 1879, Iowa.5,6,7,8
Wilber/Wilbur Bond, born Jan 19 1910, Iowa; died Aug 18 1970, buried Prairie Grove Cemetery, Cottonwood Falls, Chase County, Kansas; married Maria Patton [Jan 8 1913 - Jun 14 1985].
William Allen Bond, born 1912, Kansas; died 1969, buried Homestead Cemetery; married Alice --.
Gilbert Bond, born 1919, Kansas.
George was a preacher in Matfield Green, Kansas. Malinda was a preacher in the Quaker church in Tonganoxie, Kansas (near Lawrence, Kansas).11 Malinda was remembered fondly as a strong woman, by daughter-in-law Maria Patton Bond, who called her "Mother Bond",11
Malinda and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 27 1910), Rolling Prairie Township, Morris County, Kansas:5
Bond [unclear], George, head-of-household, age 31, born in Iowa; father born in Iowa; [..mother's birthplace unclear..]; first marriage, married 5 years; occupation: farmer, general farm; owned farm (free).
", Belle, wife, age 26, born in Kansas; parents born in Iowa; first marriage, married 5 years; 1 child, 1 living.
", Wilber, son, age 3 months [unclear], born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa.
Living next door in 1910 were Malinda's parents and family.12
On Sep 12 1918 George Bond, age 39, registered for the World War I draft in Council Grove, Morris County, Kansas. He declared he was born "Feburay 18th 1879", and was then residing at 2 White City, Morris County, Kansas, a self-employed farmer. He declared his nearest relative was Milinda Belle Bond of the same address. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, gray eyes, brown hair.7
Malinda and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 16 1920), Rolling Prairie Township, Morris County, Kansas:6
Bond, George, head-of-household, age 40, born in Iowa; father born in Iowa; mother born in Ohio; owned home (mortgaged); occupation: farmer, general farm.
Bond, Malinda B., wife, age 37, born in Kansas; parents born in Iowa.
Bond, Wilbur, son, age 9, born in Iowa; father born in Iowa; mother born in Kansas; attended school.
Bond, Allen, son, age 7, born in Kansas; father born in Iowa; mother born in Kansas; attended school.
Bond, Gilbert, son, age 5 months, born in Kansas; father born in Iowa; mother born in Kansas.
, niece, age 7, born in Kansas; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
Hinshaw, VelmaLiving three houses away in 1920 were Malinda's parents and family.13
, niece, age 4 years 5 months, born in Kansas; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana.
George died Aug 1 1942, buried Homestead Cemetery, Chase County, Kansas.8
Photo: George Bond gravestone Homestead Cemetery
Photo: Wilber Bond & Maria Patton gravestone Prairie Grove Cemetery
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- Family group sheets contributed by Kent Myrick ()
- Iowa State Census, 1895; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Cedar Township, Lee County, Iowa; roll T623-442, ED 55, page 4B, line #71, dwelling #82, family #82.
- 1910 census, Rolling Prairie Township, Morris County, Kansas; roll T624-449, ED 90, page 13A, line #6, dwelling #88, family #88.
- 1920 census, Rolling Prairie Township, Morris County, Kansas; roll T625-538, ED 99, page 10A, line #34, dwelling #233, family #239.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Tanya Coons-Redig ().
- 1910 census, Rolling Prairie Township, Morris County, Kansas; roll T624-449, ED 90, page 13A, line #3, dwelling #87, family #87.
- 1920 census, Rolling Prairie Township, Morris County, Kansas; roll T625-538, ED 99, page 10A, line #17, dwelling #230, family #236.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]