┌── Solomon Hinshaw
┌── Ira J. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1840-1878 │
│ └── Rachel Hodgin
Charles A. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1865 │ ┌── Eli Thomas
D: 1944 │ │
└── Hannah Thomas ───┤
└── Martha (Thomas)
M: Maude V. Waldron
├── Hazel Pearl Hinshaw (1888-1955) 1,2,3
└── Verna May Hinshaw (1890-) 1
Charles A. Hinshaw [ID 04141]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar - 1865, Indiana.1,3,4,5,6,7
He married Maude V. Waldron, about 1887.1,3,8 Maude was born Jun - 1869, Missouri.1,3,6,7
Charles settled (along with four other families of Hinshaws) about six miles northeast of Jet, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma.1
At Cherokee MM on 4-20-1904 children Hazel and Verna were received by request.9
Charles and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 1900), Saline Township, Woods County (now Alfalfa County), Oklahoma Territory:3
Hinshaw, Charles, head-of-household, age 35, born Mar 1865 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married 13 years; farmer; owns farm.
Hinshaw, Maud, wife, age 30, born Jun 1869 in Missouri; father born in "Canady Eng" [unclear]; mother born in Ohio; married 13 years; 2 children, 2 living.
, daughter, age 11, born Aug 1888 in Missouri; father born in Indiana; mother born in Missouri.
, daughter, age 10, born Jan 1890 in Missouri; father born in Indiana; mother born in Missouri.
Charles and Maude were again shown in the 1920 census (Jan 3 1920), Fourth Street, Jet, Saline Township, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma:6
Hinshaw, Charles A., head-of-household, age 54, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; owned home; occupation: proprietor, theater.
Henshaw, Maude V, wife, age 50, born in Missouri; father born in Canada; mother born in Ohio.
Charles and Maude were again shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), Cherokee, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma:7
Hinshaw, Charles A., head-of-household, age 64, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 21; owned home ($1500 value); no radio in home; occupation: carpenter, house; not a veteran.
Henshaw, Maude V, wife, age 60, born in Missouri; father born in Canada; mother born in Ohio; first married at age 18.
Green, Hilmer M., servant, age 23, born in Oklahoma; parents born in Indiana; single; occupation: servant, private home.
Maude died 1943, buried Covington, Garfield County, Oklahoma.1
Charles A. Hinshaw died 1944.1
- Contribution from Harold Blackledge ().
- RootsWeb California Death Records database:
- 1900 census, Saline Township, Woods County, Oklahoma Territory; ED 234, page 42A, line #6, dwelling #249, family #255.
- 1870 census, Winchester P.O., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M593-354, page 450, line #18, dwelling #201, family #201.
- 1880 census, Sterling Township, Rice County, Kansas; roll T9-0394, ED 275, page 181B, line #1, dwelling #9, family #9.
- 1920 census, Jet, Saline Township, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1452, page 2A, line #3, dwelling #30, family #33.
- 1930 census, 2nd Ward, Cherokee, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma; roll T626-1892, ED 9, page 8A, line #32, dwelling #150, family #155.
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to Quaker Meeting Records" (Swathmore
College Index Card Collection); Oklahoma; in the LDS FHL, film #0002198.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]