┌── Benjamin Hinshaw
┌── Isaac M. Hinshaw ──────────┤
│ 1831-1912 │
│ └── Mary E. Larrence
Laura A. Hinshaw ───────┤
B: 1874 │ ┌── John Long Hadley
D: 1952 │ │
└── Elizabeth Matilda Hadley ──┤
└── Elizabeth Bray
M: Thurman Edson Wright
Laura A. Hinshaw [ID 04198]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar 16 18741,2 [Mar 16 18723,4,5,6], Douglas County, Kansas1,2.
Laura was a pioneer teacher in the one-room county schools around Goldendale, Klickitat County, Washington.7
She married Thurman Edson Wright2,5 [Edson Wright1,3,4], Sep 4 18952,5. Thurman, son of Lucas + Margret Wright, was born Jun - 1864, Ohio.2,5,8
Dean/Deane Rutland Edson Wright, born Apr 10 1898, Goldendale, Washington; died Nov 1 1968 [Nov 15 1968], Multnomah County, Oregon; married May 19 1920, Audrey Lucille Lavender.
Laura and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 6 1900), Goldendale, Klickitat County, Washington:2
Wright, Thurman E., head-of-household, age 35, born June 1864 in Ohio; father born in Ohio; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 5 years; occupation: teacher; owned home (free).
Wright, Laura A., wife, age 26, born Mar 1874 in Kansas; parents born in North Carolina; married 5 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Wright, Dean R., son, age 2, born Apr 1898 in Washington; father born in Ohio; mother born in Kansas.
In 1904 Laura was living in Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon.9
Laura and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 20 1910), Franklin Street, Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon:5
Wright, Thurman E., head-of-household, age 45, born in Ohio; father born in Ohio; mother born in Pennsylvania; first marriage, married 14 years; occupation: carpenter, house; owned home (free).
Wright, Laura A., wife, age 38, born in Kansas; parents born in North Carolina; first marriage, married 14 years; 1 child, 1 living.
Wright, Deane R., son, age 12, born in Washington; father born in Ohio; mother born in Kansas; attended school.
Thurman died Apr 15 1923, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon.12,15
Widow Laura was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 7 1930), living alone at 549 Ladd Ave., Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon:6
Wright, Laura A., head-of-household, age 58, born in Kansas; parents born in North Carolina; widow, first married at age 23; rented home ($40 rent); radio in home; occupation: none.
Laura A. Hinshaw died May 13 1952, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon.12
Photo: Family of Isaac Hinshaw
- Contribution from Muriel Gray Richardson, citing:
The family bible of Isaac Hinshaw.
- 1900 census, Goldendale, Klickitat County, Washington; roll T623-1746, ED 118, page 3B, line #95, dwelling #71, family #71.
- GEDCOM file g523.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll T624-1290, ED 293, page 211B, line #58, dwelling #98, family #100.
- 1930 census, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon; roll T626-1951, ED 168, page 6B, line #51, dwelling #108, family #183.
- Contribution from Ted Hinshaw citing:
"History of Klickitat County", edited by Pete May,
published 1982 by the Kickitat County Historical Society.
- 1880 census, Mount Erie, Wayne County, Illinois; roll T9-257, ED 142, page 112A, line #37, dwelling #121, family #121.
- Contribution from Ted Hinshaw citing:
"An Illustrated History of Klickitat, Yakima and Kittitas Counties",
published 1904 by Interstate Publishing Company.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Vernon Goodrich ().
- Oregon Marriages, 1906-20; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-98; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Jean Allyn Smeltzer's Klickitat County, Washington birth records:
- Portland, Oregon Deaths, 1915-1924; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]