┌── Maban Hinshaw
┌── Benjamin Monroe Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1873-1946 │
│ └── Mary Lunda Luther
Samuel Hinshaw ─────────────┤
B: 1897 │ ┌── E.H. Spivey
D: 1959 │ │
└── Rebecca Louise Spivey ────┤
└── Elizabeth Owens
M: Myrtle Nellie Jane Adams
├── Samuel Hinshaw, Jr. (1926-1948) 1,2,3,4,5
├── Rebecca Elizabeth Hinshaw (1931-2004) 1,2
└── Myrtle Roselle Hinshaw (1935-1935) 1,2
Samuel Hinshaw [ID 04395]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Feb 21 1897, Randleman, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,3,4,6,7,8
On Jun 5 1918, Sam Hinshaw, age 21, registered for the World War I draft at Asheboro, North Carolina, He declared his residence was Randleman, Randolph County, North Carolina, and his nearest relative, as well as his employer, was B.M. Hinshaw of Randleman, North Carolina. He was recorded as having blue eyes, light hair.8
He married Myrtle Nellie Jane Adams, Dec 8 1925, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,3,9 Myrtle, daughter of Solomon Lindsay Adams & Susanna Elizabeth Frazier, was born Feb 10 1904, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,3,10,11 Myrtle descended from Martha Lawrence Tucker, daughter of John Lawrence & Nancy Ann Needham.1
Sam and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 14 1930), Randleman Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:3
Hinshaw, Sam, head-of-household, age 33, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 29; owned home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farming; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Myrtle J., wife, age 26, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 22.
Hinshaw, Sam Jr.
, son, age 3, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Hinshaw, Benajan M.
, father, age 57, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; widower; occupation: laborer, farm; not a veteran.
Samuel Hinshaw died Jan 30 1959, Randleman, Randolph County, North Carolina; age 61.1,4,12
Myrtle died Jan 6 1982, Asheboro, Randolph County, North Carolina; age 77.11,12
Photo: Samuel Hinshaw death certificate
Social Security information for Samuel Hinshaw: 242-30-9556
Social Security information for Myrtle Nellie Jane Adams: 244-64-7099
- Contribution from Carol Lawrence Vidales.
- North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Randleman Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T626-1715, ED 27, page 4A, line #20, dwelling #139, family #141.
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Guilford County, North Carolina, Register of Deeds:
- 1900 census, Randleman Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T623-1213, ED 94, page 2A, line #22, dwelling #26, family #26.
- 1910 census, Randleman Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 94, page 2A, line #35, dwelling #25, family #25.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Marriage Collection, 1741-2004; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Deaths, 1979-82; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]