┌── Daniel Henshaw
┌── William Henshaw ──┤
│ 1735-1820 │
│ └── Elizabeth Allen Bass
Lucinda Henshaw ────────┤
B: 1786 │ ┌── Dudley Wade Swan
D: 1870 │ │
└── Phebe Swan ───────┤
└── Beulah (Swan)
M: Samuel Daugherty
M: Joseph Addison Denny
Lucinda Henshaw [ID 04590]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 23 1786, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.1,2,3,4
She married Samuel Daugherty1,5,6 [Sam Dougherty3]. This was Samuel's second marriage.6
Almina/Almira Henshaw Daugherty; married James W. Woodruff.
She then married Joseph Addison Denny, Mar 28 1816, Worcester County, Massachusetts.1,3,5,6,8,9 Joseph Addison Denny, son of Samuel Denny & Elizabeth Bass Henshaw, was born Apr 2 1777.9 Lucinda and Joseph were first cousins; Joseph was the son of Lucinda's aunt Elizabeth Henshaw.
This was Joseph's second marriage.6 Joseph had previously been married to Lucinda's sister Phebe, who had died in 1815.9
Sarah Healy Denny, born Feb 10 1817; died Oct 4 1838; married J. Boon.
Harriet Flint Denny, born Dec 13 1818; died Feb 14 1904; married Enoch Downs Underwood, Jun 14 1842 (children: Sarah Catherine/Katherine, Emma Whittier, Frederick Douglas, William Jackson and Hattie Bell Underwood).
Elizabeth Henshaw Denny, born Apr 12 1821; married Hiram Whulock/Wheelock, Feb 21 1843.
Joseph Addison Denny died Nov 19 1822, Leicester, Massachusetts.9
Lucinda Henshaw died Feb 19 1870.2,3
- "History of the Henshaw Family", a handwritten manuscript identified as a copy of a letter written
August 16, 1829 by Daniel Henshaw of Boston (probably #4588 to Joshua Henshaw Hayward of
Boston (probably a son or grandson of Sarah Henshaw Hayward); part of the manuscript
collection titled "Henshaw family Papers, 1757-1892" archived at the American Antiquarian Society,
Manuscripts Department, 185 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA 01609-1634.
- Contribution from Lizbet119 () citing:
Henshaw family bible archived at the Massachusetts Historical Society.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- Massachusetts Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Lineage Books of the Charter Members of the National Society of the
Daughters of the American Revolution (www.ancestry.com).
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- Halbert's "The New World Book of Henshaws" (for what it's worth).
- "Genealogy of the Denny family in England and America", Denny, Christopher Columbus; Leicester, Massachusettes, 1886.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by ().
- Posting Sep 2 2007 by Geoffrey Woollard () to MAWORCES-L, citing: Joseph Addison Denny's Diary.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]