┌── William Henshaw
┌── Nathaniel Henshaw ──┤
│ 1769-1838 │
│ └── Elizabeth Gilbert
Jefferson Henshaw ───┤
B: 1803 │
D: 1855 │
└── Mary Redmond
M: Mary Raymond
├── Theodore A. Henshaw (c1834-1890) 1,2,3,4
├── Frances Cornelia Henshaw (1836-1913) 1,2,3,4,5
├── Sarah Raymond Henshaw (c1840-?) 1,2
├── William Nathaniel Henshaw (1842-1921) 1,2,3,4
└── Henry C. Henshaw (1843-1863) 1,2,3
Jefferson Henshaw [ID 04845]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Apr - 1803, New York.2,4,5,6,7
Jefferson was shown in the 1830 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York:8
Jefferson Henshaw household:
1 male age 15-20.
1 male age 20-30.
2 persons total in household.
He married Mary Raymond, 1832.1,5 Mary, daughter of William Raymond & Mary Kellogg, was born about 1806, New York.2,3,7,9
Jefferson was shown in the 1840 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York:10
Jefferson Henshaw household:
1 male age 30-40 [Jefferson].
1 female under age 5 [Sarah
1 female age 30-40 [Mary].
5 persons total in household.
1 person engaged in agriculture.
Jefferson and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 20 1850), Aurora, Erie County, New York:2
Jefferson Henshaw, age 48, born in New York; farmer; $1000 real estate.
Mary Henshaw, age 46, born in New York.
Jefferson Henshaw died Feb 28 1855, Aurora Township, Erie County, New York; age 51 yrs 10 mos.4,6,7,11
Mary died Apr 22 1855, Aurora, Erie County, New York; buried Section 1, Lot 71, Griffins Mills Cemetery, Aurora, Erie County, New York.4,7,9,11
Jefferson and his wife died early in 1855 leaving their son in charge of four siblings.1 Jefferson and Mary are buried in the same lot with Jefferson's father.12
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- 1850 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M432-498, page 86, line #39, dwelling #1309, family #1324.
- "History of the town of Warsaw, New York" by Andrew White Young; Sage, Sons & Co., Buffalo, New York, 1869; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- Lineage Books of the Charter Members of the National Society of the
Daughters of the American Revolution, Vol. 121, pg 51.
- Contribution from Bonnie Endries () citing:
gravestone, Griffins Mills Cemetery.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing:
"Early Settlers of Erie County, New York", page 93.
- 1830 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M19-114, page 169.
- Raymond, Samuel, "Genealogies of the Raymond Families of New England 1630-1886",
J.J. Little & Co. Press, New York 1886.
- 1840 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll 280, page 231.
- Contribution from LeRoy Miller ().
- Contribution from LeRoy Miller (), citing: gravestone.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]