┌── James Steuben Henshaw
┌── Orrin Henshaw ──────┤
│ 1807-1889 │
│ └── Amy Gale
Irving Wallace Henshaw ───┤
B: 1832 │
D: 1863 │
└── Aurel Train Brown
M: Judith C. Stone
└── Frank Wallace Henshaw (1860-1944) 1
Irving Wallace Henshaw [ID 04858]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Irving Wallace Henshaw1,2 [Ervin Wallace Henshaw2, J. W. Henshaw3, E. W. Hinshaw4, Wallis Henshaw5].
(Christened under the name Ervin Wallace Henshaw).2 Born Nov 26 1832.1,6
Wallace was shown in the 1850 census (Sep 20 1850), living with his parents in Aurora, Erie County, New York:7
Irving W. Henshaw, age 17, born in New York; attended school; farmer.
But he was also shown again in the 1850 census (apparent doubly-enumerated) living in the household of his aunt Rebecca Henshaw Brown in Aurora, Erie County, New York:5
Wallis Henshaw, age 17, born in New York; attended school; farmer.
He was also shown again
He married Judith C. Stone, Feb 15 1860, Whiteside County, Illinois.1,3
Irving and Judith were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 18 1860), Mt. Pleasant Township, Whiteside County, Illinois:8
E.W. Hinshaw, age 26, born in New York; farmer; $250 personal property.
Judith Hinshaw, age 19, born in New Hampshire.
During the Civil War, Irving served in Company C, 75th Illinois Volunteers.6
Irving Wallace Henshaw died Feb 27 1863, buried Section 1, Lot 210, Griffins Mills Cemetery, 53 West Falls Road, West Falls, Erie County, New York.1,6,9
After Irving died, Judith C. Henshaw remarried to Benjamin R. "Roll" Brewer, Apr 9 1869, Hamilton County, Iowa.10,11,12 It was Benjamin's third marriage.13 He had previously been married to Eliza Jane Fraikes (Mar 1 1864),10 then Betsey Fraikes14
The Benjamin R. Brewer household is shown in the 1870 census, Cass Township, Hamilton County, Iowa (page 273):15,16
Benjamin R. Brewer, age 36, born in Indiana.
Judith Brewer, age 29, born in New Hampshire.
Jane E. Brewer, age 5, born in Iowa.
Margaret Brewer, age 3, born in Iowa.
Charles E. Brewer, age 3 months, born in Iowa.
Judith died Aug 26 1884, Webster City, Hamilton County, Iowa.13
Judith's obituary appeared in "The Freeman" (Webster City, Iowa) on September 3, 1887, as follows:
At her home in Cass township on the 26 last, Mrs. Judith Brewer, wife of B.R. Brewer. Her death was sudden and unexpected. She leaves a husband and five children to mourn their irreparable loss.
She has gone, but not forgotten.
Dear companion, loving mother, fare the well.
She loved and lost, why we call her lost?
Because we miss her from our outward road
God's unseen angel o'er our pathway crost,
Looked on us all, and loving her the most,
Straightway relieved her from lifes weary load.
After Judith died, Benjamin Brewer remarried first to Nellie Conlin, then later to Ellen O'Rourke.13
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (Whiteside County):
- 1860 census index, Whiteside County, Illinois.
- 1850 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M432-498, page 87, line #33, dwelling #1319, family #1334.
- Erie County, New York cemeteries; New York GenWeb:
- 1850 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M432-498, page 86, line #4, dwelling #1302, family #1317.
- 1860 census, Round Grove P.O., Mt. Pleasant Township, Whiteside County, Illinois; roll M653-237, page 935, line #15, dwelling #2311, family #2256.
- Contribution from LeRoy Miller ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
- Halbert's "The New World Book of Henshaws" (for what it's worth).
- Dodd, Jordan. Iowa Marriages, 1851-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Karen Brewer ().
- Contribution from Karen Brewer () citing:
"Biographical Record - Hamilton County" [Indiana], 1902.
- 1870 census index, Hamilton County, Iowa.
- Contribution from Karen Brewer () citing: 1870 census.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]