┌── William Henshaw
┌── Samuel Henshaw ──┤
│ 1780-1818 │
│ └── Elizabeth Gilbert
Anna Henshaw ─────┤
B: 1811 │
D: 1882 │
└── Abigail Taylor
M: Dwight Needham
Anna Henshaw [ID 04859]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Anna Henshaw1,2,3 [Anna Hinshaw4, Ann Henshaw5,6].
Born Feb 23 1811, Aurora, Cayuga County, New York.2,3,4,6,7,8,9 Born Saturday morning, four o'clock.3
She married Dwight Needham, Jul 12 1831, Buffalo, Erie County, New York.1,2,5,6 Dwight, son of Frederick Needham & Edna Badger, was born Oct 28 1808, Wales, Hampden County, Massachusetts.2,7,8,10 (South Brimfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts).9
Marvin Dwight Needham, born Sep 16 1832, New York; died Jun 30 1891, Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington; married Harriet Amelia Pratt, Mar 2 1853, Henry County, Illinois.
Lucina/Lucinda Ann Needham, born May 21 1834, Sheldon, Wyoming County, New York; married Benjamin A. Lilly/Lily/Lillie, Nov 29 1851, Warren County, Illinois (children: Anna Lilly, c1853, Illinois; Jennie/Abbie Lilly, 1860, Iowa).
Harriet Newell Needham, born May 3 1836, Sheldon, Wyoming County, New York; married Ralph A. Tenney, Apr 8 1852, Henry County, Illinois.
Gerret Smith Needham, born Nov 28 1838, Sheldon, Wyoming County, New York; died Nov 6 1912, Early, Sac County, Iowa.
Harlan Page Needham, born Feb 14 1841, New York; died Aug 2 1842, Attleboro, Bristol County, Massachusetts.
William Conklin Needham, born Mar 10 1843, New York; died San Jose, Santa Clara County, California; Civil War veteran; married Alma C. Woolston, Aug 20 1866, Kane County, Illinois.
Mary Elizabeth Needham, born Mar 15 1845, Aurora, Cayuga County, New York.
Irwin/Erwin Badger Needham, born Mar 12 1847, New York; married Elizabeth Root Mix.
Charles Taylor Needham, born Mar 8(?) 1849.
Anna and family were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 28 1850), Henry County, Illinois:7
Dwight Needham, age 41, born in Massachusetts; farmer; $1500 real estate.
Anna Needham, age 39, born in New York.
Marvin D. Needham, age 18, born in New York; attended school.
Lucina Needham, age 16, born in New York; attended school.
Harriet Needham, age 14, born in New York; attended school.
Garett Needham, age 11, born in New York; attended school.
Wm C Needham, age 7, born in New York; attended school.
Charles T Needham, age 1, born in New York.
Elisha Kingman, age 24, born in New York.
Mary Needham, age 5, born in New York; attended school.
Daughter Mary Elizabeth was shown in the 1860 census (Jun 12 1860), living or staying with the family of daughter Harriet in Kewanee, Henry County, Illinois:17
Ralph Tenney, age 33, born in New Hampshire; merchant.
H Tenney, age 23, born in New York; wife.
Netty Agnes Tenney, age 4, born in Illinois.
Anna Phoebe Tenney, age 2, born in Illinois.
M E Needham, age 15, born in New York; attended school.
Gistave Bart, female, age 18, born in Germany.
Anna and Dwight were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 22 1870), living in the household of daughter Harriet in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois:8
Tenney, Ralph A., age 43, born in Vermont; [..unclear..] Merch.; $8000 real estate; $1000 personal property.
Tenney, Harriet N., age 34, born in New York; keeps house.
Tenney, Nettie A., age 14, born in Illinois; attended school.
Tenney, Anna P., age 12, born in Illinois; attended school.
Needham, Dwight, age 62, born in Massachusetts; map dealer.
Needham, Anna, age 59, born in New York.
Anna and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 1 1880), living/staying in a lodging house at 94 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois:10
Needham, E B., lodger, male, age 33, born in New York; father born in Massachusetts; mother born in New York; married; clerk.
Needham, D, lodger, male, age 71, born in Massachusetts; father born in Massachusetts; mother born in Connecticut; [..occupation unclear..].
Needham, Anna, wife, female, age 70, born in New York; parents born in New York; boards; "maimed, crippled, bedridden or otherwise disabled": "paralysis".
Living in the same dwelling in 1880 was daughter Harriet and her husband:18
Tenney, R R, husband, age 45, born in New Hampshire; parents born in New Hampshire; mat [unclear] dealer.
Tenney, H N, wife, age 37, born in Illinois; father born in Massachusetts; mother born in New York; keeps house; "maimed, crippled, bedridden or otherwise disabled": "consump" [consumption].
Anna Henshaw died Feb 12 1882, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; age 71.2,9,20
Dwight died Nov 16 1888.2,9
Photo: Anna Henshaw
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Contribution from Edie Rodriguez () citing: family bible.
- Contribution from Sue Welda Borg ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- 1850 census, Henry County, Illinois; roll M432-109, page 109, line #26, dwelling #230, family #230.
- 1870 census, 5th Ward, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll M593-200, page 286, line #21, dwelling #1807, family #2034.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by ().
- 1880 census, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T9-184, ED 2, page 33C, line #21, dwelling #165, family #308.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by James Sergent ().
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900:
- Illinois Marriages, 1851-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, Stacyville P.O., Stacyville Township, Mitchell County, Iowa; roll M653-336, page 29, line #14, dwelling #256, family #218.
- 1870 census, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon; roll M593-1287, page 256, line #32, dwelling #1411, family #1280.
- 1880 census, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon; roll T9-1083, ED 96, page 265B, line #18, dwelling #85, family #85.
- 1860 census, Kewanee, Henry County, Illinois; roll M653-182, page 607, line #29, dwelling #539, family #517.
- 1880 census, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T9-184, ED 2, page 33C, line #21, dwelling #165, family #309.
- State of Illinois; Civil War Muster and Descriptive Rolls Database:
- State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, Pre-1916:
- Photo courtesy of Edie Rodriguez ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]