┌── Ezra Hinshaw
┌── Ezra William Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1840-1929 │
│ └── Jane Woodward
Kathryn Elvira Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1888 │ ┌── Jacob Griffin
D: 1978 │ │
└── Elvira E. Griffin ─────┤
└── Rebecca Harvey
M: Charles R. Jones
Kathryn Elvira Hinshaw [ID 00493]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Kathryn Elvira Hinshaw1,2,3,4 [Katie E. Hinshaw1,5,6].
Born Jun 7 1888, Oskaloosa, Hardin County, Iowa.3,4,6,7,8
At Oskaloosa MM on 12-6-1906, Katie & brother Ralph were received on a certificate from New Providence MM, Iowa.1
She married Charles R. Jones1,3 [Charles H. Jones2], Jun 20 19171,3, Richland MM, Iowa1,3. Charles, son of David Jones & R. Elizabeth Stuart3,9, was born Dec 22 18853,9 [Dec 3 18852], Iowa3,9.
Edwin LaVerne Jones, born c1919 (adopted); married Mar 24 1939, Margaret Ann Carter (children: Sondra Jenice Jones, David Charles Jones, and Donald James Jones).
On Sep 12 1918 Charles R. Jones, age 32, registered for the World War I draft in Jefferson County, Iowa. He declared he was born Dec 22 1885, and was then residing on Route 2, Fairfield, Jefferson County, Iowa where he was a self-employed farmer. He declared his nearest relative was Katharine H. Jones of the same address. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, dark blue eyes, light brown hair.9
Kathryn and Charles were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 7 1920), Penn Township, Jefferson County, Iowa:4
Jones, Charles R., head-of-household, age 34, born in Iowa; father born in Tennessee; mother born in North Carolina; owned home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Jones, Kathryn E., wife, age 31, born in Iowa; parents born in Indiana.
Living next door in 1920 was the family of a widow Rachael Jones,11 apparently Charles' widowed mother.
Kathryn and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 19 1930), "south of Main", Providence, Hardin County, Iowa:8
Jones, Charles R., head-of-household, age 44, born in Iowa; parents born in Tennessee; first married at age 31; rented home ($26 rent); no radio in home; occupation: farmer + laborer, rents farm.
Jones, Katherine E., wife, age 41, born in Iowa; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 28.
Jones, Edwin L., son, age 11, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school.
Kathryn Elvira Hinshaw died Oct 19 1978, Richland, Keokuk County, Iowa.2,7
Social Security information for Kathryn Elvira Hinshaw: 482-12-4396
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- Contribution from Dorothy Conley Cline citing: family records.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1920 census, Penn Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; roll T625-494, ED 56, page 3B, line #94, dwelling #74, family #76.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- 1900 census, New Providence, Providence Township, Hardin County, Iowa; roll T623-435, ED 153, page 10A-B, line #47, dwelling #186, family #188.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1930 census, Providence Township, Hardin County, Iowa; roll T626-658, ED 21, page 3A, line #30, dwelling #63, family #65.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Jenny Ann Jones ().
- 1920 census, Penn Township, Jefferson County, Iowa; roll T625-494, ED 56, page 3B, line #89, dwelling #73, family #75.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 12:33:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]