┌── William Hinshaw
┌── Thomas Doane Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1835-1911 │
│ └── Matilda Bewley Doane
Mary Evangeline Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1860 │ ┌── Levi Lundy
D: 1920 │ │
└── Anna Harriet Lundy ────┤
└── Sarah Wickersham
M: Merton Elwood Hill
Mary Evangeline Hinshaw [ID 00506]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Mary Evangeline Hinshaw1,2 [Mary Eva Hinshaw3,4,5,6,7, Eva Hinshaw8,9].
Born Mar 17 1860, Hardin County, Iowa.1,3,4,5,6,10,11,12,13,14
She married Merton Elwood Hill, Apr 14 1878.3,6,7,10,12,13 Merton was born Apr - 185611,12,13, Illinois11,12,13 [Iowa14].
Frances Lorraine Hill, born May 1879, Iowa; married c1904, Carl Caldwell.
Anna Florence Hill, born Sep 19 1881, Hutchinson County, South Dakota; died Aug 1968; married Henry F. Kramer (child: William Kramer, born c1914).
Clarence Hinshaw Hill, born Jun 1895, Colorado; died 1970 (son: Merton.Elwood Hill II; grandchildren: Jeffrey W. Hill and Janet Marian Hill).
Homer Hill, born Jun 4 1883, died Oct 4 1883 (buried Chester Cemetery).
Eva and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 2 1880), Mennota R.R. Station, Hutchinson County, Dakota Territory:11
Hill, Merton, age 24, born in Illinois; parents born in New York; R R agent.
Hill, Eva, wife, age 20, born in Iowa; father born in New York [sic]; mother born in Indiana; keeping house.
Hill, Dock, daughter, age 1, born in Iowa; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa.
Eva and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 7 1900), Berkeley Township, Jefferson County, Colorado:12
Hill, Merton, head-of-household, age 44, born Apr 1856 in Illinois; parents born in New York; married 22 years; occupation: accountant; rented home.
Hill, Mary E., wife, age 40, born Mar 1860 in Iowa; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Indiana; married 22 years; 5 children, 3 living.
Hill, Francis E., daughter, age 21, born May 1879 in Iowa; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa; occupation: teacher.
Hill, Florence, daughter, age 18, born Sep 1881 in South Dakota; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa.
Hill, Clarence, son, age 4, born June 1895 in Colorado; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa.
Eva and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 26 1910), Denver, Denver County, Colorado:13
Hill, Merton E., head-of-household, age 54, born in Illinois; parents born in New York; first marriage, married 32 years; occupation: clerk, railroad office; owned home (free).
Hill, Eva H., wife, age 50, born in Iowa; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 32 years; 5 children, 3 living.
Hill, Clarence H., son, age 14, born in Colorado; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa; attended school.
Caldwell, Carl, son-in-law, age 44, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first marriage, married 6 years; occupation: com. traveler, men's furnishings.
Caldwell, France H., daughter, age 30, born in Iowa; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa; first marriage, married 6 years; occupation: music teacher, at home.
Eva and Merton were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), living with the family of daughter Florence at 1163 Steele Street, Denver, Denver County, Colorado:14
Hill, Merton E., head-of-household, age 63, born in Iowa; parents born in U.S.; owned home (mortgaged); occupation: clerk, R.R. office.
Hill, Eva, wife, age 59, born in Iowa; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Iowa.
Kramer, Henry F., head-of-household, age 40, born in New York; parents born in Germany; rented home; occupation: buyer, dry goods.
Kramer, Florence, wife, age 38, born in South Dakota; parents born in Iowa.
Kramer, William, son, age 6, born in Colorado; father born in New York; mother born in South Dakota; attended school.
Mary Evangeline Hinshaw died Nov 1 1920, Denver, Denver County, Colorado.1,5,7,20
The following series of Western Union telegrams were sent by Merton to Eva's sister Freme (telegrams addressed to "Mrs. F. H. Holmes" from "M. E. Hill"):20
Denver Colo Oct 31
Eva taken suddenly ill Saturday afternoon double pneumonia...
Denver Colo Nov 1
Eva passed away very peacefully just before noon.
Denver Colo Nov 2
Services will be held two PM Thursday interment Denver nearest to our home... [1163 Steele St., Denver, Colo.]
Photo: Mary Eva Hinshaw about age 11 with parents and family
Photo: Mary Eva Hinshaw and Merton Hill
Photo: son Clarence Hinshaw Hill about age 15
Photo: Thomas Doane Hinshaw family
- Contribution from Nicole Wing citing:
Inscription on the back of a family photo, written by Anna Marie Hinshaw.
- State of South Dakota Vital Records System; birth records database:
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Johnston of Caskieben, Crimond, and Caiesmill" by Lorand V. Johnson,
microfilm #0982174, Item 1, in the LDS Family History Library.
- Contribution from Dee March ().
- Contribution from Nicole Wing.
- Gravestone inscriptions, Chester Cemetery, Providence Township, Hardin County, Iowa; USGenWeb Archives:
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1880 census, Mennota R.R. Station, Hutchinson County, Dakota Territory; roll T9-0112, ED 29, page 80C, line #9, dwelling #22, family #22.
- 1900 census, Berkeley Township, Jefferson County, Colorado; roll T623-125, ED 221, page 23B, line #87, dwelling #149, family #145.
- 1910 census, 13th Ward, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T624-117, ED 165, page 35B, line #74, dwelling #170, family #168.
- 1920 census, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T625-162, ED 268, page 1B, line #90, dwelling #22, family #24-25.
- Contribution from Jeffrey W. Hill ().
- South Dakota Births, 1856-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- RootsWeb South Dakota Birth Record Database:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Janet Marian Hill Prystowsky ().
- Contribution from Nicole Wing citing:
Telegrams addressed to Mrs. F. H. Holmes from M. E. Hill.
- Photo courtesy of Nicole Wing.
- Photo courtesy of Jeffrey W. Hill ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 12:33:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]