┌── Anderson Henshaw
┌── Charles Elliott Henshaw ──┤
│ 1849-1943 │
│ └── Margaret Jane Bussey
Jessie Hope Henshaw ───┤
B: 1877 │ ┌── Andrew Roberts
D: 1960 │ │
No Issue └── Camelia J. Roberts ───────┤
└── Sara Nelson
M: Charles W. Talge
Jessie Hope Henshaw [ID 05463]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Apr 1 1877, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
She married Charles W. Talge5,7,8 [Charles E. Talge1,9, John W. Talge8], Sep 22 18975,7,8, Langlade County, Wisconsin5,7,8. Charles was born Apr 11 1869, Luise, Kentucky.1,5,6,7
Charles was active in the lumber business, particularly in veneers.1
Jessie and Charles were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 25 1910), 202 Walnut St., Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana:5
Talge, Charles W., head-of-household, age 41, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; first marriage, married 12 years; occupation: manager, veneer saw mill; rented home.
Talge, Jessie H., wife, age 33, born in Indiana; father born in Virginia; mother born in Ohio; first marriage, married 12 years; no children.
Jessie and Charles were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 14 1920), 6624 1/2 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California:6
Talge, Charles W., head-of-household, age 50, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; rented home; occupation: none.
Talge, Jessiee H., wife, age 42, born in Indiana; father born in Virginia; mother born in Ohio; occupation: none.
Jessie and Charles were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), 1273 Windsor Blvd., Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California:7
Talge, Charles W., head-of-household, age 61, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; first married at age 28; owned home ($15,000 value); radio in home; occupation: none; not a war veteran.
Talge, Jessie H., wife, age 53, born in Indiana; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Ohio; first married at age 20; occupation: none.
Charles died Nov 28 1933, San Diego County, California; age 64.1,9 Medical: Charles died from cirrhosis of the liver1
Jessie Hope Henshaw died Feb 21 1960, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; buried Glendale, California.1,2,3
Photo: Jessie Hope Henshaw with sisters Mabel and Louise
- Contribution from Charles Payne () citing:
family records from Louise Henshaw Arveson.
- RootsWeb California Death Records database:
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1940-2000:
- 1880 census, Hensley Township, Johnson County, Indiana; roll T9-289, ED 156, page 168C, line #28, dwelling #254, family #258.
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana; roll T624-383, ED 100, page 153B, line #51, dwelling #108, family #143.
- 1920 census, Precinct 394, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T625-106, ED 163, page 12A, line #40, dwelling #279, family #332.
- 1930 census, District 58, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-141, ED 222, page 3A, line #26, dwelling #18, family #18.
- "Wisconsin Marriages, pre-1907"; http://www.ancestry.com.
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1930-1939:
- Photo courtesy of Charles Payne ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]