┌── Jehu Hinshaw
┌── Adolphus D. Hinshaw ────┤
│ 1840-1911 │
│ └── Cynthia Ann Elizabeth Beeler
Nellie Myrtle Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1879 │
D: 1968 │
└── Ella Elizabeth Huston
M: William E. Eastman
Nellie Myrtle Hinshaw [ID 00556]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Oct 17 1879, Woodford County, Illinois.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
She married William E. Eastman, Aug 26 1908.1,3 William was born about 1871, Illinois.7
Ivan Richard Eastman, born Jan 9 1909, Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois; married Clara Mae West, Aug 23 1931 (children: Elma Jean Eastman, Fred Andrew Eastman, Michael Rae Eastman, Mary Ann Eastman, Thelma Louise Eastman).
Nellie and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 8 1920), Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois:9
Eastman, William E., head-of-household, age 48, born in Illinois; father born in Ohio; mother born in Pennsylvania; owned home; occupation: laborer, [..unclear..].
Eastman, Nellie M., wife, age 40, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Ohio.
[..unclear..], son, age 10, born in Illinois, parents born in Illinois.
[..unclear..]Living two houses away in 1920 was Nellie's widowed mother.10
, male, age 4 years 11 months, born in Illinois, parents born in Illinois.
Nellie and family, including great nephew Russell Hinshaw, were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 12 1930), Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois:11
Eastman, William, head-of-household, age 59, born in Illinois; father born in Ohio; mother born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 37; owned home ($8000 value) radio in home; occupation: laborer, odd jobs; not a veteran.
Eastman, Nellie, wife, age 49, born in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Ohio; first married at age 27.
Eastman, Ivan, son, age 21, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; occupation: laborer, tractor company; not a veteran.
, foster-son (crossed-out and overwritten with "lodger"), age 15, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; attended school.
In 1935 Nellie was still living in Eureka, Illinois.12
Nellie Myrtle Hinshaw died 1968.4
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- "The Hudson Colony", by Ruth Bitting Hamm, "A Project of the Hudson
Bicentennial Commission, Hudson, Illinois 61748" (1972?).
- Family lineage contributed by Peggy Joan (Peak) Hinshaw
- 1880 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0230, ED 168, page 363A, line #1, dwelling #1, family #1.
- 1900 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T623-322, ED 108, page 12A, line #41, dwelling #225, family #225.
- 1930 census, Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois; roll T626-573, ED 18, page 9A.
- Contribution from Thelma L. Ball ().
- 1920 census, Eureka, Crugar Township, Woodford County, Illinois; roll T625-419, ED 165, page 5B, line #97, dwelling #136, family #139.
- 1920 census, Eureka, Crugar Township, Woodford County, Illinois; roll T625-419, ED 165, page 5B, line #92, dwelling #134, family #137.
- 1930 census, Eureka, Woodford County, Illinois; roll T626-573, ED 18, page 9A, line #44, dwelling #245, family #247.
- Obituary of Elmer Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]