┌── Patterson Hinchey
Albert Lee Hinchey ───┤
B: 1841 │ ┌── Henry Holdaway
D: 1882 │ │
└── Rebecca Holderway ──┤
└── Eleanor Anderson
M: Happy J. Mann
M: Mary F. Russell
├── James Chelsey Patterson Hinshaw (1868-1946) 1,2
├── Sarah Louisa "Lulu" Hinchey (1871-1946) 1,2
├── John William Hinchey (1874-1949) 1,2
└── Mariah Elizabeth Hinchey (1877-1964) 1,2
Albert Lee Hinchey [ID 05781]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 1841, Wilkes County, North Carolina.2,3
He married Happy J. Mann, Jun 26 1862, Jefferson County, Tennessee.4 Happy, daughter of William Mann & Lucinda Z. Harlin, was born 1840.5
Albert L. Hinchey served as a Private in Company D, 3rd Tennessee Cavalry.6,7
He then married Mary F. Russell, Nov 6 1867, Jefferson County, Tennessee.3,4 Mary was born Jan - 18422,3, Kentucky2,3 [Tennessee8].
Albert and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 2 1880), Jefferson County, Tennessee:2
Hinchey, Albert H. [sic], age 39, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farm laborer; can read, cannot write.
Hinchey, Mary F., wife, age 38, born in Kentucky; parents born in Tennessee; keeping house; can read, cannot write.
Hinchey, James C. P.
, son, age 11, born in Tennessee; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucky; attended school; can read, cannot write; works on farm.
Hinchey, Sarah L.
, daughter, age 9, born in Tennessee; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucky.
Hinchey, John W.
, son, age 6, born in Tennessee; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucky.
Hinchey, Mariah E.Living next door in 1880 were the families of brothers Joseph9 and James.10
, daughter, age 3, born in Tennessee; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucky.
Albert Lee Hinchey died Jan 1 1882, New Market, Jefferson County, Tennessee; buried New Market Presbyterian Cemetery, New Market, Tennessee.3,6
Albert L. Hinchey was shown in the 1890 Tennessee Veterans Schedule11 (presumably this was actually his widow Mary).
Widow Mary was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 19 1900), living with son John William in New Market, Jefferson County, Tennessee:8
Hinchey, Mary, head-of-household, age 58, born Jan 1842 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; widow; 4 children, 4 living.
, son, age 25, born Oct 1874 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; single; farmer; rented home.
Mary died Apr 19 1906.3
- Contribution from Audrey Miller Stinnett ().
- 1880 census, Civil District 14, Jefferson County, Tennessee; ED 175, page 470D, line #8, dwelling #33, family #33.
- Contribution from James Hinchey.
- "Early East Tennessee Marriages", Sistler, 1987.
- GEDCOM files 11473 & h8502d at http://www.ancestry.com.
- "JEFFERSON COUNTY, TN - CEMETERIES - New Market Presbyterian Cemetery", USGenWeb Archives.
- U.S. National Park Service - "Civil War Soldiers & Sailors System":
- 1900 census, Civil District 7, New Market, Jefferson County, Tennessee; ED 47, page 89A, line #47, dwelling #219, family #221.
- 1880 census, Civil District 14, Jefferson County, Tennessee; ED 175, page 470D, line #4, dwelling #32, family #32.
- 1880 census, Civil District 14, Jefferson County, Tennessee; ED 175, page 470D, line #14, dwelling #34, family #34.
- 1890 Tennessee Veterans Schedule Census; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:57 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]