+-- John Hinshaw | c1660->1768 +-- Jesse Hinshaw -----+ | 1720-1797 | | +-- Elizabeth Belshaw | Ruth Hinshaw ---+ B: 1763 | +-- Benjamin Marshall D: 1803 | | +-- Abigail Marshall --+ 1724-1806 | +-- Ruth Bell M: Jacob Moon
|Ruth Hinshaw     [ID 00059]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 11-6-1763, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.1,2,3,10,28,30,40
She married Jacob Moon, 9-8-1783, Cane Creek, North Carolina.2,28,40,44,58    Jacob, son of James Moon & Ann Mendenhall, was born 3-18-1756, Frederick County, Virginia.2,28,205,a,b
Ruth and her sister Abigail were married on the same day at Cane Creek MM.2,217
Ruth Hinshaw died Mar 11 1803, buried Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.c,78,205
After Ruth died Jacob remarried on Oct 15 1812 to to Mary Bartley Whinery.d,a
Jacob died 10-14-1822, buried Rocky River Friends Cemetery, North Carolina.e,a,205
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Ruth Hinshaw & Jacob Moon Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
10. Myers, Albert Cook. "Immigration of Irish Quakers into Pennsylvania", Swarthmore, PA: 1902; GR929.3748 M99 in a local library.
28. "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike, from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
30. "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families" by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), microfiche #6019151.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
40. An untitled single-page typewritten document on yellow paper detailing Hinshaw lines of descent, author unknown - submitted by Fontella Hinshaw.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
58. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
78. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) computerized Ancestral File.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) GEDCOM file H6458 at http://www.ancestry.com.
(b) GEDCOM file g1682.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
(c) Contribution from William Banks Hinshaw.
(d) Contribution from Jan Watson ().
(e) Contribution from Jan Watson () citing:
"Piedmont NC Cemeteries", Vol. II, Rocky River Friends MM.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]