┌── Orrin Henshaw
┌── Edgar Bernice Henshaw ──┤
│ 1835-1913 │
│ └── Aurel Train Brown
Vernon Barber Henshaw ───┤
B: 1876 │
D: 1949 │
└── Cyrina Barber
M: Martha A. Mack
Vernon Barber Henshaw [ID 06145]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan 21 1876, New York.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
On Sep 12 1918 Vernon Barber Henshaw, age 42, registered for the World War I draft in Salamanca, Cattaraugus County, New York. He declared he was born January 21 1876, and was then residing in Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York, employed by the Erie R.R. Co. as a "R.R. track laborer". He declared his nearest relative was Rachael Cyrena Henshaw of Little Valley. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, light brown hair.4
He married Martha A. Mack1,7,8,9 [Martha A. Mason8,9], May 20 19241,7,8,9. Martha, daughter of John F. Mack & Sophia Anna Schultz, was born Feb 21 1885, Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York.6,7,8,9,10
Martha had been previously married to John Mason (1903),7,8,9 by whom she had a daughter, Irene A. Mason (1904).8,9
Vernon and Martha were shown in the 1925 New York state census (Jun 1 1925), 216 Erie Street, Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York:6
Henshaw, Vernon, head-of-household, age 49, born in the U.S.; occupation: [..unclear..] laborer.
Henshaw, Martha, wife, age 40, born in the U.S.; occupation: housewife.
Vernon and Martha were shown in the 1930 census (Jan 5 1930), 216 Erie Street, Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York:7
Henshaw, Verno, head-of-household, age 54, born in New York; parents born in New York; first married at age 48; owned home ($4500 value); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, street construction; not a war veteran.
Henshaw, Martha, wife, age 45, born in New York; parents born in New York; first married at age 18.
Vernon and Martha were shown in the 1931 city directory of Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York:11
Henshaw Vernon B (Martha A) lab h216 Erie
Vernon Barber Henshaw died Feb 3 1949, Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York.8,9
In 1975 Martha was living in/near Machias, Cattaraugus County, New York.10
Martha died Aug - 1975.10
Social Security information for Martha A. Mack: 069-22-2844
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- 1880 census, West Salamanca, Cattaraugus County, New York; roll T9-812, ED 34, page 111B, line #29, dwelling #154, family #163.
- 1910 census, Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York; roll T624-926, ED 67, page 3B, line #79, dwelling #77, family #78.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York; roll T625-1088, ED 69, page 3A, line #32, dwelling #51, family #59.
- 1925 New York state census, Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York; Assembly District 1, page 8, line #16.
- 1930 census, Little Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York; roll T626-1409, ED 30, page 3B, line #53, dwelling #81, family #85.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Yates Family Tree", posted by "auntcyn1".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "WesternPennsylvaniaFamilies", posted by "bubpickup".
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989 (Beta); http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]