┌── Jacob Hinshaw
┌── George M. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1820-1893 │
│ └── Marietta Johnson
Laura Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1848 │
D: 1901 │
└── Martha Ann Ward
M: Eli H. Johnson
Laura Hinshaw [ID 00622]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Laura Hinshaw1,2 [Laura Henshaw1,3,4].
Born Dec 16 1848, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,5,6,7
She married Eli H. Johnson1,3,4,5,8,9 [Ellwood Johnson10], Dec 20 18661,3,4,5,8,9, McLean County, Illinois1,3,4,5,8,9. Eli, son of Barclay F. Johnson & Sarah Barrett10, was born Sep 16 184310 [about 18476,7], Highland County, Ohio10 [Indiana6,7].
Anna Johnson, born May 3 1872.
George K. Johnson, born Dec 29 1876.
Laura and Eli were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 21 1870), Dry Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois:6
Johnson, Eli H., age 23, born in Indiana; farmer; $400 personal property.
Johnson, Laura, age 21, born in Illinois; keeping house.
Living next door in 1870 was Laura's sister Emma and her husband;12 one more house away were Laura's parents and siblings.13
Laura and family were shown in the 1880 census, Dale Township, McLean County, Illinois:7
Johnson, Eli H., age 33, born in Indiana; [parents' birthplaces blank]; farmer.
Johnson, Laura, wife, age 31, born in Illinois; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Ohio; keeps house.
Johnson, Anna, daughter, age 8, born in Illinois; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois.
Johnson, George K., son, age 4, born in Illinois; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois.
Eli died Jul 31 1892, buried Pleasant Plain MM, Iowa.10
Widow Laura was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 15-16 1900), living in the household of her widowed mother in Dry Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois:2
Johnson, Laura, daughter, age 51, born Dec 1848 in Illinois; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Ohio; widow; 7 children, 2 living; house keeper.
Laura Hinshaw died 1901.5
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- 1900 census, Dry Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 103, page 79B, line #53, dwelling #99, family #100.
- Halbert's "The New World Book of Henshaws" (for what it's worth).
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book E, page 246):
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- 1870 census, Danvers P.O., Dry Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M593-259, page 381, line #20, dwelling #135, family #135.
- 1880 LDS census index, Dale Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0229, page 78B.
- "The Good Old Times in McLean County, Illinois", subtitled "Old
Settlers of McLean County, Illinois", microfilm #0164002 in the
LDS Family History Library.
- "All About the Bensons, Hinshaws, and Others" by Imogen Benson Emery,
in the LDS Family History Library, microfiche #6017328.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect GEDCOM from Patryka Tachick ().
- Contribution from Dale Hinshaw McMasters.
- 1870 census, Danvers P.O., Dry Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M593-259, page 381, line #18, dwelling #134, family #134.
- 1870 census, Danvers P.O., Dry Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll M593-259, page 381, line #10, dwelling #133, family #133.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 12:33:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]