Franklin Streeter Henshaw
┌── Thomas J. Hinshaw
┌── Dr. Franklin Abile Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1859-1934 │
│ └── Sarah Mills
Franklin Streeter Henshaw ───┤
B: 1889 │
D: 1959 │
└── Mary L. Hewett
M: Rosa Irene Rush
├── Franklin Duane Henshaw (1918-1998) 1,2
├── Bernard H. Hinshaw (1920-1977) 2
├── Myron Earl Henshaw (1923-1986) 2
├── Oscar Raymond Hinshaw (1927-2000) 2
├── Tommie Edward Henshaw (1929-2007) 2
└── Norma L. Henshaw (1940-) 3
Franklin Streeter Henshaw [ID 06424]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar 5 1889, Plymouth, Lyon County, Kansas.1,2,4,5,6,7,8
On Jun 5 1917 Franklin S. Henshaw, age 28, registered for the World War I draft in Bristow, Creek County, Oklahoma. He declared he was born March 5 1889 in Plymouth, Kansas, and he was then residing in Bristow, Oklahoma where he was single and a rural letter carrier employed by "U.S.A." He was recorded as medium height, slender, light blue eyes, brown hair.6
He married Rosa Irene Rush2,7 [Irene Rush2,9], about 19182,7. Rosa, daughter of George J. + Ella Anna Rush, was born May 5 1899, Kansas.1,2,8,9,10
Franklin and family were shown in the 1920 census (Feb 1920), Bristow, Creek County, Oklahoma:1
Henshaw, Franklin S., head-of-household, age 30, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kansas; owned home (mortgaged); occupation: clerk, mail.
Henshaw, Diene [unclear] R., wife, age 20, born in Kansas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Indiana.
Living next door in 1920 was Franklin's divorced mother with brother Guy.11
Franklin and family were again shown in the 1930 census (Apr 7 1930), Bristow Township, Creek County, Oklahoma:2
Hinshaw, Frank S., head-of-household, age 41, born in Kansas; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 28; owned home; no radio in home; occupation: laborer, highways; World War I veteran.
Hinshaw, Irene R., wife, age 30, born in Kansas; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Iowa; first married at age 18; occupation: manager, poultry farm.
Hinshaw, Myron E.
, son, age 6, born in Oklahoma; parents born in Kansas; attended school.
Rosa died Jul 15 1942, buried Bristow Cemetery, Bristow, Creek County, Oklahoma.8
Franklin Streeter Henshaw died Aug 17 1959, buried Bristow Cemetery, Bristow, Creek County, Oklahoma.8
Photo: Franklin Streeter Henshaw World War I draft registration card
Photo: Franklin Streeter Henshaw gravestone Bristow City Cemetery
Photo: Rosa Irene Rush gravestone Bristow City Cemetery
- 1920 census, Bristow, Creek County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1459, ED 220, page 3A, line #37, dwelling #50, family #55'.
- 1930 census, Bristow Township, Creek County, Oklahoma; roll T626-1900, ED 7, page 3B, line #67, dwelling #62, family #66.
- Contribution from Justin Wade Henshaw.
- 1900 census, Clayton Township, Payne County, Oklahoma; roll T623-1341, ED 183, page 8B, line #72, dwelling #163, family #164.
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Bristow, Creek County, Oklahoma; roll T624-1249, ED 39, page 25A, line #6, dwelling #196, family #196.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Tommy Edward Henshaw, Jr..
- 1910 census, Union Township, Pottawatomie County, Kansas; roll T624-450, ED 114, page 3A, line #47, dwelling #51, family #52.
- 1900 census, Union Township, Pottawatomie County, Kansas; roll T623-495, ED 136, page 2A, line #12, dwelling #24, family #24.
- 1920 census, Bristow, Creek County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1459, ED 220, page 3A, line #40, dwelling #51, family #56.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]