┌── David Lindsey Hinshaw
┌── Luther Lee Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1855-1925 │
│ └── Emeline Adams
Lindsey Luther Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1896 │ ┌── Michael Wilson
D: 1981 │ │
└── Mary L. Wilson ──────┤
└── Sarah (Wilson)
M: Hazel Burge
├── David B. Hinshaw (1923-) 1,2,3
M: Hilda May Benjamin
├── Roger Lindsey Hinshaw (1942-) 1,3,4
└── Joycelyn May Hinshaw (1943-) 1,3,4
Lindsey Luther Hinshaw [ID 06458]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 14 1896, Henry County, Indiana.2,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
He married Hazel Burge2,6 [Hazele Burdge12, Hazel Burdg13, Hazel Burdy11], about 19212,6. Hazel, daughter of Lewis Burdge & Anna (Emma) Ware2,11,13, was born Jun 2 18942,11,13, Arkansas2,11,13 [Indiana12]. Hazel was the sister of Mabel Burdge who married Lindsey's brother Gurney.
Lindsey and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 12 1930), Oceanside Township, San Diego County, California:2
Hinshaw, Lindsey, head-of-household, age 33, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 24; owned home; radio in home; occupation: farmer, fruit + bulb farm; World War I veteran.
Hinshaw, Hazel B., wife, age 35, born in Arkansas; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; first married at age 26.
Hinshaw, David B.
, son, age 6, born in California; father born in Indiana; mother born in Arkansas; attended school.
Hazel died Feb 22 1940, San Diego County, California.11
He then married Hilda May Benjamin4 [Hilda Mae Benjamin11]. Hilda, daughter of Lyn/Leon F. Benjamin & Hattie M. Cook, was born Feb 28 1911, Arizona.11,14,15
Note that Lindsey's son David married Hilda's younger sister, Mildred H. Benjamin.
In 1981 Lindsey was living in/near Loma Linda, San Bernardino County, California.7
Lindsey Luther Hinshaw died Sep 11 1981, San Bernardino County, California.7,8,11
Hilda died Oct 24 1981, San Bernardino County, California.11
Social Security information for Lindsey Luther Hinshaw: 560-28-2030
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- 1930 census, Oceanside Township, San Diego County, California; roll T626-190, ED 22, page 9A, line #24, dwelling #227, family #243.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Shirley Hinshaw ().
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Birth Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1882-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- 1900 census, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 60, page 7A, line #15, dwelling #161, family #172.
- 1920 census, Whittier, Los Angeles County, California; roll T625-120, ED 635, page 3B, line #60, dwelling #68, family #71.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Campbell Township, Jennings County, Indiana; roll T623-379, ED 101, page 8A, line #44, dwelling #170, family #177.
- 1910 census, Brunswick, Cumberland County, Maine; roll T624-538, ED 45, page 7A, line #29, dwelling #191, family #161.
- 1920 census, Prescott, Yavapai County, Arizona; roll T625-52, ED 117, page 10B, line #92, dwelling #70, family #79.
- 1930 census, Los Olivos, Maricopa County, Arizona; roll T626-59, ED 93, page 7B, line #87, dwelling #164, family #166.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 10:08:52 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]