┌── Conrad Hanshew
┌── Jacob Hanshew ────────┤
│ c1795-c1833 │
│ └── Eva Elizabeth Seitz
Daniel Hanshew ─────────┤
B: 1828 │ ┌── James Cameron
D: 1895 │ │
└── Mary "Mina" Cameron ──┤
└── Charity Ann Spangler
M: Polly Maxwell Wilson
└── Charles William Hanshew (1870-1950) 1,2,3
Daniel Hanshew [ID 06615]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Feb 22 1828, Wythe County, Virginia.1,3,4 (c1830).5 (c1826).2
He married Polly Maxwell Wilson, Sep 26 1859, Virginia.1,3,6 Polly was born Mar 12 1830, Ceres, Bland County, Virginia.1,3 (c1829).2
Daniel and Polly were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 4 1860), Wythe County, Virginia:5
Daniel Hanshew, age 30, born in Virginia; farmer; $500 real estate; $100 personal property.
Polly Hanshew, age 20, born in Virginia.
Living two houses away in 1860 was brother Samuel.7 Also living nearby was brother Andrew.8
In addition to son Charles shown, Daniel and Polly also had a baby girl (possibly named Laura - unclear) stillborn Nov 3 1871, Bland County, Virginia.9
Daniel and family were again shown in the 1880 census (Jun 2-3 1880), Bland County, Virginia:2
Hanshew, Daniel, age 54, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; farmer.
Hanshew, Polly M., wife, age 51, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; keeping house; can read, cannot write.
, niece, age 22, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; single; house servant.
Daniel Hanshew died May 24 1895, Ceres, Wythe County, Virginia; buried Bethany Cemetery, Bland County, Virginia.1,3,4
Polly died May 24 1907, Ceres, Wythe County, Virginia; buried Bethany Cemetery, Bland County, Virginia.1,3
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1880 census, Sharron Magisterial District, Bland County, Virginia; roll T9-1356, ED 7, page 389D, line #7, dwelling #26, family #26.
- LDS "Pedigree Resource File".
- Virginia, Deaths and Burials Index, 1853-1917; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, 68th District, Wythe County, Virginia; page 845, line #36, dwelling #930, family #825.
- Contribution from Michael Josef von Goebel ().
- 1860 census, 68th District, Wythe County, Virginia; page 846, line #2, dwelling #932, family #827.
- 1860 census, 68th District, Wythe County, Virginia; page 846, line #39, dwelling #940, family #833.
- Bland County, Virginia Births: 1861-96; Ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]