┌── Jacob Madison Hinshaw
┌── Jacob Madison Hinshaw, Jr. ──┤
│ 1862-1941 │
│ └── Almarinda Walker
Madison E. Henshaw ───┤
B: 1884 │ ┌── Branson Gulley
D: 1953 │ │
└── Harriet Azalee Gulley ───────┤
└── Elizabeth Brinegar.
M: Laura M. -
Madison E. Henshaw [ID 06656]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Madison E. Henshaw1,2 [Matterson E. Hinshaw3, Matt E. Hinshaw4,5, Matt Henshaw6, Elastus M. Hinshaw7].
Born Mar 23 1884, Hawkins County, Tennessee.2,3,6,7,8 (Mar 24 1884).5
On Sep 12 1918 Matt Henshaw, age 34, registered for the World War I draft in Hawkins County, Tennessee. He declared he was born Mch 23d 1884, and was then residing on Rt. 2, Bulls Gap, Hawkins County, Tennessee where he was a self-employed farmer. He declared his nearest relative was Harriett Henshaw of the same address. He was recorded as tall, medium build, gray eyes, dark hair.6
He married Laura M. -2 [Laurie -4]. Laura was born Sep 5 1885, Tennessee.4,9 (c1881).2
Madison and Laura were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 12 1920), Hawkins County, Tennessee:2
Henshaw, Madison E., head-of-household, age 35, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; owned home; farmer.
Henshaw, Laura M., wife, age 39, born in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
In 1953 Matt was living in Hawkins County, Tennessee.4
Madison E. Henshaw died Aug 29 1953, Takoma Hospital, Greeneville, Greene County, Tennessee; age 69y 5m 20d.4,5
In 1968 Laura was living in/near Bulls Gap, Hawkins County, Tennessee.4
Laura died Feb 13 1968, Washington County, Tennessee; age 82.4,9
Photo: Madison E. Henshaw death certificate Greene County, Tennessee
Social Security information for Laura M. -: 411-60-4802
- 1920 census index, Hawkins County, Tennessee; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1920 census, 1st Civil District, Hawkins County, Tennessee; roll T625-1745, ED 107, page 7B, line #75, dwelling #144, family #144.
- Family history information contributed by James C. Henshaw.
- Shelby County, Tennessee, Register of Deeds; Archives:
- Tennessee, Death Records, 1908-1958; http://www.ancestry.com.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, 14th Civil District, Hawkins County, Tennessee; ED 90, page 207B, line #80, dwelling #58, family #59.
- 1910 census, 1st Civil District, Hawkins County, Tennessee; ED 106, page 19A, line #3, dwelling #64, family #64.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]