┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── Albert Anderson Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1842-1928 │
│ └── Elizabeth -
Mary Elizabeth Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1875 │ ┌── Andrew Jackson Counts
D: 1923 │ │
└── Eliza Catherine Counts ───┤
└── Elizabeth J. "Eliza" Hardin
M: William Robert Isbell
Mary Elizabeth Hinshaw [ID 06682]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan 8 1875, Alabama.1,2,3,4,5,6 (c1881).7
She married William Robert Isbell3 [Bob Isbell1,8]. William was born Mar 7 1876, Alabama.7,9,10 (Mar 23 1876).2,3
Zella Mae Isbell, born Mar 27 1910, Francisco, Jackson County, Alabama; died Mar 12 2003; married 1) James Boyd Henshaw
, 2) Robert William Campbell.
Ella E. Isbell, born c1912-c1914, Alabama..
On Sep 12 1918 Robert Isbell, age 42, registered for the World War I draft in Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama. He declared he was born March 7th 1876, and was then residing in Francisco, Jackson County, Alabama where he was a self-employed farmer. He declared his nearest relative was Mrs. Mary Hinshaw [sic] of Francisco. He was recorded as short, stout, blue eyes, black hair.9
Mary and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 20 1920), Biship Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama:7
Isibella, Robert W., head-of-household, age 44, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; rented home; occupation: farm laborer, home farm; cannot read or write.
Isibella, Marry M., wife, age 39, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; cannot read or write.
Isibella, Zella, daughter, age 9, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; attended school.
Isibella, Ella E., daughter, age 6, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama.
Mary Elizabeth Hinshaw died Sep 2 1923, buried Beech Grove Cemetery, Jackson County, Alabama.2,3
Widower Bob and daughter Ella were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), Biship Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama:10
Isbell, W. Robert, head-of-household, age 54, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; widower; rented home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a war veteran; cannot read or write.
Isbell, Ella, daughter, age 18, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; single.
William died Feb 18 1951, buried Beech Grove Cemetery, Jackson County, Alabama.2,3,8
Photo: William Robert Isbell World War I draft registration card
- Contribution from Terry Henshaw.
- Contribution from Jewel Casey ().
- Contribution from Joanie (Morris) Fisher.
- 1880 census, Jackson County, Alabama; Beat 19, ED 101, page 14B/64B, line #18, dwelling #48, family #50.
- 1900 census, Harmony Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 43, page 291A-B, line #50, dwelling #85, family #85.
- Genealogy data (Henall.FTW) by George Frederick Langley, Jr..
- 1920 census, Biship Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T625-19, ED 40, page 9A, line #6, dwelling #40, family #41.
- Alabama Deaths, 1908-59; http://www.ancestry.com.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Biship Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; roll T626-20, ED 23, page 1A, line #30, dwelling #7, family #7.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]