+-- Thomas Hinshaw | c1680-? +-- Absolom Hinshaw --+ | 1728-? | | +-- Mary Marshall | c1685-? Absolom Hinshaw -----+ B: 1752 | +-- John Haydock D: 1830 | | +-- Rebecca Haddock --+ | +-- Abigale Griffith M: Elizabeth Hinshaw +-- Elizabeth Hinshaw, 1782-1857 +-- John Hinshaw, 1783-1855 +-- Rebecca Hinshaw, 1785-1860 +-- Jacob Hinshaw, 1787-1832 +-- Thomas Hinshaw, 1789-? +-- Joseph Hinshaw, 1791-1867 +-- Abigail Hinshaw, 1793-? +-- Isaiah Hinshaw, 1794-1844 +-- Ann Hinshaw, 1795-? +-- Stephen Hinshaw, 1797-1877 +-- Abel Hinshaw, 1799-1876 +-- Benjamin Hinshaw, 1803-1840
|Absolom Hinshaw     [ID 00067]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 8-31-1752, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.3,29,105,212
He married Elizabeth Hinshaw, 12-7-1780, Sandy Creek Meeting House, west of Liberty, North Carolina.2,28
Elizabeth Hinshaw, daughter of Jacob Hinshaw & Rebecca Mackey, was born about 1753.2,3,5,42,140    Absolom & Elizabeth were first cousins.
The records of Cane Creek MM show that on 9 Mo. 3, 1783, "Absalom Hinshaw Jr." was disowned.2    No reason for the expulsion was recorded, but it was probably for marrying his first cousin.a
In 1790 Absalom was charged with a minor crime, but it is not known if he was convicted or acquitted.    Randolph County, North Carolina criminal records show that on May 28 1790 a "capias" was issued (a writ issued from a magistrate, ordering a constable to find the named accused, based on a complaint, and force the accused to post a recognizance bond):b
Capias against Absalom Hinchey on testimony of Moses George that he stole and slaughtered one of George's hogs.In the June term of 1790 a grand jury returned a "presentment" - a charge which attests that they have good reason to believe a crime has been committed and the named person is suspect:b
Presentment that Absalom Hinshaw did, on 10 Mar 1787, take a hog from the property of Moses George.It is not certain that the above criminal records refer to this particular Absalom Hinshaw, but it seems likely it was this Absalom.a
Absolom Hinshaw died 1-17-1830, Holly Spring, North Carolina.2
Elizabeth Hinshaw died 2-17-1833, Holly Spring, North Carolina.2
Absolom prepared his will January 13, 1829 (see below).181,218
Photo: Absolem Hinshaw's Homestead, built c1770 from a photo taken c1880 c
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Absolom Hinshaw & Elizabeth Hinshaw Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
Photo: Absolom Hinshaw's last will and testament with estate inventory & sale record 218
Photo: Absolem Hinshaw gravestone Holly Spring Cemetery d
Photo: Absolem Hinshaw gravestone Holly Spring Cemetery e
Photo: Elizabeth Hinshaw gravestone Holly Spring Cemetery e
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
5. The "Daily Pantagraph", Sept 1 1908.
28. "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike, from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
29. "Society of Friends Register Transcripts - Grange Monthly Meeting", microfilm number 0571396 in the LDS Family History Library.
42. A manuscript titled "The Hinshaw Family" by Thomas D. Hamm - submitted by Fontella Hinshaw.
105. A Search Report commissioned from the Ulster Historical Foundation based upon records in the Public Records Office of Norther Ireland.
140. Family lineage contributed by Edwin Everett Hinshaw
181. Photocopy of the will of Absolom Hinshaw, contributed by Rodger D. Norton (); from Randolph County, North Carolina, Will Book 6, page 40
212. Grange Monthly Meeting, Births, Marriages, Deaths; Religious Society of Friends in Ireland (Yearly Meeting), Dublin; microfilm number 571396 (items 5-7) in the LDS Family History Library
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
218. Randolph County, North Carolina original wills; LDS FHL microfilm #1578527
(b) Randolph County NC Criminal Actions, 1787-1791
"Randolph County, NC Genealogical Journal", Vol. XXIII, No. 4, Fall 1999; Randolph County Genealogical Society.
(c) Photo courtesy of Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr..
(d) Photo courtesy of Burton Emerson Moore ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]