┌── Jesse Hinshaw
┌── William D. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1829-1882 │
│ └── Mary Alexander
Rachel Louise Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1861 │ ┌── Aaron Bass
D: 1945 │ │
└── Charity Bass ────────┤
└── Malinda Wooten
M: Joseph Goodman
Rachel Louise Hinshaw [ID 07483]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Rachel Louise Hinshaw1,2,3 [Louise Hinshaw4, Lou Henshaw5, Lula Henshaw6].
Born Jul 18 18611,2,3,7 [Aug - 18615], Hawkins County, Tennessee1,2,3,7.
She married Joseph Goodman, Jul 30 1896, Hawkins County, Tennessee.6 Joseph, son of Mahlon Goodman & Ellen Woodward, was born Aug - 1861, Tennessee.5,8
Joseph had been previously married to Alice Amyx, Dec 10 1887,9 with whom he had children Jennie Goodman, Jul 1888,5 and Hubert Condon Goodman,5 Jul 3 1891.10
Myrtle Goodman, born May 1897, Tennessee.
Willie Goodman, born May 1900, Tennessee.
Louise and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 13 1900), Hawkins County, Tennessee:5
Goodman, Joseph, head-of-household, age 38, born Aug 1861 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; married 14 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free); cannot read or write.
Goodman, Lou, wife, age 38, born Aug 1861 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; married 14 years; 4 children, 4 living; owned farm (free); cannot read or write.
Goodman, Jennie, daughter, age 11, born July 1888 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; attended school 4 months; cannot read or write.
Goodman, Hubert, son, age 8, born July 1891 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee; attended school 4 months; cannot read or write.
Goodman, Myrtle, daughter, age 3, born May 1897 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
Goodman, Willie, son, age 1 month, born May 1900 in Tennessee; parents born in Tennessee.
Rachel Louise Hinshaw died Jan 2 1945, rural Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee; age 83y 5m 14d.3,11
Joseph died Nov 14 1951, Rogersville, Hawkins County, Tennessee; age 90.8,12
Photo: Rachel Louise Hinshaw death certificate Hawkins County, Tennessee
Photo: Rachel Louise Hinshaw gravestone Shady Grove Baptist Church Cemetery
- 1870 census, District 10, Rogersville P.O., Hawkins County, Tennessee; pg 131B-132A (pg 30-31), line #35, dwelling #185, family #185.
- 1880 census, 7th Civil District, Greene County, Tennessee; roll T9-1258, ED 49, page 116D, line #13, dwelling #228, family #230.
- Tennessee, Death Records, 1908-1958; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Hawkins County, Tennessee; roll T623-1577, ED 87, page 5A-5B, line #50, dwelling #86, family #88.
- Tennessee, Marriages, 1851-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Betty Hinshaw.
- Tennessee, Deaths and Burials Index, 1874-1955; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Tennessee, Marriages, 1851-1900.
- Tennessee, Delayed Birth Records, 1869-1909; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:50 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]