┌── John Henshaw
Alfred Henshaw ───┤
B: 1849 │
D: 1909 │
└── Jane -
M: Hannah Street
├── Rachel Henshaw (1868-1957) 1,2
├── Sarah E. Henshaw (1873-?) 1,2
└── Samuel Bernard Henshaw (1875-1944) 1,2,3
Alfred Henshaw [ID 07495]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Feb 8 18494 [Feb 16 18495, about 18461, Mar - 18506], Tatton Street, Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire, England4. Christened Apr 28 1850, St. Peter's Church, Liverpool, Lancashire.7
Alfred was a coal miner.1,2
He married Hannah Street, Dec 22 1867, St Michael, Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire, England.2,4 Hannah, daughter of Thomas + Elizabeth Street1,2 [Samuel Street & Sarah Backhouse4], was born Mar - 18441,2 [Mar - 18456,8], England1,2.
Alfred and Hannah emmigrated from England probably in August of 18712 (1875).8 They were naturalized as U.S. citizens on Oct 6 1876 (citizenship papers dated Oct 8 1880).2
Alfred and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 26 1880), Leetonia, Columbiana County, Ohio:1
Henshaw, Alferd, age 34, born in England; parents born in England; coal miner.
Henshaw, Anna, wife, age 36, born in England; parents born in England; keeping house; can read, cannot write.
, daughter, age 11, born in England; parents born in England; attended school.
Henshaw, Sarah E
, daughter, age 8, born in Ohio; parents born in England; attended school.
Alfred and Hannah were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 7 1900), East Washington [street], Lisbon, Columbiana County, Ohio:6
Henshaw, Alferd, head-of-household, age 50, born Mch 1850 in England; parents born in England; immigrated 1875, U.S. resident 25 years, naturalized; married 32 years; occupation: tin mill laborer; rented home.
Henshaw, Hannah, wife, age 55, born Mch 1845 in England; parents born in England; immigrated 1875, U.S. resident 25 years; married 32 years; no children.
Jack, Harry A.Living next door in 1900, working as a servant, was daughter Sadie.9
, grandson, age 5, born Nov 1894 in Ohio; parents born in Ohio.
Alfred Henshaw died May 13 1909, Perry Township, Stark County, Ohio; buried Massillon City Cemetery, Massillon, Stark County, Ohio.2,5,10
Widow Hannah Henshaw was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 19 1910) living alone on Water St., Washingtonville, Columbiana County, Ohio:8
Henshaw, Hannah, head-of-household, age 64, born in England; parents born in England; widow; 3 children, 3 living; immigrated 1875, naturalized; occupation: labor, odd jobs.
Hannah remarried to James G. Peppel,4,10,11 Feb 9 1912, Columbiana County, Ohio.4
Hannah and James were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 15 1920), Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio:11
Peppel, James, head-of-household, age 63, born in Ohio; parents born in Pennsylvania; owned home (free); occupation: laborer, farm.
Peppel, Anna, wife, age 70, born in England; parents born in England; immigrated 18[..unclear..], naturalized.
Hannah died May 5 1921, Columbiana County, Ohio.4,10
Photo: Alfred Henshaw
Photo: Hannah Street
- 1880 census, Leetonia, Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio; roll T9-1002, ED 58, page 615C. line #1, dwelling #663, family #680.
- Contribution from Audra Lee Henshaw Flanagan.
- Samuel Bernard Henshaw marriage record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Ancestry Family Tree data "henshaw-ferrell" posted by "pambpf".
- Contribution from JoAnn Stockburger () citing: gravestone.
- 1900 census, Lisbon, Center Township, Columbiana County, Ohio; roll T623-1248, ED 3, page 10B. line #94, dwelling #198, family #204.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Lancashire, England.
- 1910 census, Washingtonville, Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio; ED 48, page 5B, line #88, dwelling #106, family #109.
- 1900 census, Lisbon, Center Township, Columbiana County, Ohio; roll T623-1248, ED 3, page 10B-11A. line #97, dwelling #199, family #205.
- Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-2007; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio; roll T625-1356, ED 136, page 4B, line #77, dwelling #93, family #96.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:50 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]