┌── Trustrem Hinshaw
┌── John Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1824-1911 │
│ └── Martha Hinshaw
Lydia Ann Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1863 │ ┌── Isaac Commons
D: 1953 │ │
└── Sarah Commons ──┤
└── Rebecca Robins
M: William T. S. Bray
Lydia Ann Hinshaw [ID 00751]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan 4 1863, Hortonville, Hamilton County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6
She married William T. S. Bray, Jan 13 1886, Hinkles Creek MM, Hamilton County, Indiana.1,2,7,8,9 William, son of John M. Bray & Caroline Thompson, was born Jan 31 1865.2,8
Lydia and children (but without her husband for some reason) were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 18 1900), living in her parents' household in Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:6
Bray, Lydia A., daughter, age 37, born Jan 1863 in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; married 14 years; 4 children, 3 living.
Bray, Lester, grandson, age 11, born Dec 1888 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school 6 months.
Bray, Caroline, granddaughter, age 8, born Aug 1891 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Bray, [..unclear..], granddaughter, age 2, born Sept 1897 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Lydia Ann Hinshaw died Jan 13 1953, Reynoldsburg, Ohio.1
- Contribution from Candace McDaniel ().
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Pearson Family ().
- 1870 census, Westfield P.O., Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M593-319, page 211, line #39, dwelling #516, family #505.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T9-0281, ED 38, page 401A, line #36, dwelling #329, family #349.
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T623-375, ED 92, page 11A, line #27, dwelling #251, family #256.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 7, page 342).
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]