Stephen Ellsworth Hinshaw
┌── Absalom Hinshaw
┌── Elwood Hinshaw ────┤
│ 1849-1924 │
│ └── Eliza Carter
Stephen Ellsworth Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1876 │
D: 1945 │
└── Hannah E. Robins
M: Ida Iler Johns
Stephen Ellsworth Hinshaw [ID 00761]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 14 1876, Randolph County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
He married Ida Iler Johns, Nov 26 1902, Marion County, Indiana.8,9 Ida was born Jan 26 1877, Illinois.3,4,7
In 1910 Stephen was living in Chicago, Illinois.1
On Sep 7 1918 Stephen Elsworth Hinshaw, age 41, registered for the World War I draft in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa. He declared he was born Sept. 14 1876, and was then residing in the Jefferson Apts. #105, Des Moines, Iowa where he was Asst. Medical Director employed by the Nat'l Life Ass'n. He declared his nearest relative was his wife, Ida Hinshaw, of the same address. He was recorded as tall, slender, blue eyes, dark brown hair.6
Stephen and Ida were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 13 1920), 1526 30 Street, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa:7
Hinshaw, Stephen E., head-of-household, age 43, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in North Carolina; rented home; occupation: medical director, life insurance.
Hinshaw, Ida I., wife, age 42, born in Illinois; parents born in Indiana.
Stephen Ellsworth Hinshaw died Aug 5 1945, Los Angeles County, California.3,4
Ida died Apr 23 1948, Los Angeles County, California.3,4
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T9-0307, ED 173, page 268C, line #42, dwelling #85, family #85.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, 8th Precinct, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa; roll T625-507, ED 89, page 13B-14A, line #100, dwelling #267, family #315.
- "Index to Marriage Records, Marion County, 1901-1905 Inclusive", Vol. I;
Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1939.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]