┌── William Hinshaw
┌── Jesse Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1801-1888 │
│ └── Rachel Martin
Milton H. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1831 │ ┌── Matthew Alexander
D: 1883 │ │
└── Mary Alexander ──┤
└── Nancy Innis
M: Martha Jock
├── Abraham A. Hinshaw (1863-1933) 1,2
├── William J. Hinshaw (1866-1937) 1,2
└── S. W. Hinshaw (c1868-?) 1
Milton H. Hinshaw [ID 00771]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Milton H. Hinshaw1,3 [Milton H. Henshaw4].
Born Sep 20 18313,5 [Jul 20 18318], North Carolina3,5 [Tennessee6, Virginia2,7].
He married Martha Jock4 [Martha Jack9], Jan 31 18614, Washington County, Arkansas4. Martha was born about 1834, Tennessee.1
Milton and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 1870), Elm Springs Township, Washington County, Arkansas:1
Hinshaw, M H, age 38, born in Virginia; farmer; $400 real estate; $250 personal property.
Hinshaw, Martha, age 36, born in Tennessee.
Living next door in 1870 was the family of Abraham & E. Jack,10 probably Martha's parents.11
Milton and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 1880), Elm Springs Township, Washington County, Arkansas:2
Hinshaw, Milton H., age 48, born in Virginia; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Georgia; farmer.
Hinshaw, Martha, wife, age 46, born in Tennessee; father born in Tennessee; mother born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Hinshaw, Abraham A.
, son, age 16, born in Arkansas; father born in Virginia; mother born in Tennessee; works on farm; attended school.
Hinshaw, William J.
, son, age 14, born in Missouri; father born in Virginia; mother born in Tennessee; works on farm; attended school.
Milton H. Hinshaw died Sep 14 18838 [18943,5,12], Elm Springs, Washington County, Arkansas8; buried Old Part, Row 7, Mount Comfort Cemetery, Fayetteville, Washington County, Arkansas8.
- 1870 census, Elm Springs Township, Washington County, Arkansas; page 131, line #8, dwelling #96, family #99.
- 1880 census, Elm Springs Township, Washington County, Arkansas; roll T9-0058, ED 204, page 520A, line #38, dwelling #111, family #113.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Arkansas.
- "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw
by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
- 1850 census, Sullivan County, Tennessee; roll 897, page 72, dwelling #872.
- 1870 census, Elm Spring Township, Washington County, Arkansas; page 131, line #8, dwelling #96, family #99.
- GEDCOM archives at http://www.kindredkonnections.com.
- 1870 census, Elm Springs Township, Washington County, Arkansas; page 131, line #13, dwelling #97, family #100.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]