┌── William Henshaw
┌── William Henshaw ───┤
│ 1780-1868 │
│ └── Mehitable Moffet
Abel Roe Henshaw ───┤
B: 1825 │ ┌── Eli Granger
D: 1900 │ │
└── Lucretia Granger ──┤
└── Jemima Leavitt
M: Mary Dewey
├── Electa Maria Hincher (1852-?) 1,2
├── Clarissa Rosaline Hincher (1854-?) 1,2
├── Franklin Granger Hincher (1861-1888) 2,3
├── Mehitabel Jane Hincher (1865-?) 2,3,4
├── Myrtie May Hincher (1867-1944) 2,3,4,5
├── Lee Dewey Hincher (1871-1967) 2,3
└── Otis Ray Hincher (1873-?) 2,3,6
Abel Roe Henshaw [ID 07975]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Abel Roe Henshaw4,7 [Abel Roe Hincher1,2,3,8].
Born Nov 2 1825, North Greece, near Charlotte (now Rochester), New York.1,2,3,4,7,8
Abel was shown in the 1850 census living with his mother in Gates Township, Monroe County, New York.9
He married Mary Dewey, 1851.2,4,7 Mary was born Sep 19 1832, New York.2,4 (1833).1,3,8
Abel and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 23 1860), St. Joseph County, Michigan:1
Abel R. Hincher, age 35, born in New York; farmer; $1200 real estate; $500 personal property.
Mary Hincher, age 27, born in New York.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of brother John.10
Abel and family were again shown in the 1880 census, Burr Oak, St. Joseph County, Michigan:3
Hincher, Abel R., age 54, born in New York; father born in Massachusetts; mother born in Connecticut; farmer.
Hincher, Mary M., wife, age 46, born in New York; father born in New York; mother born in Connecticut; keeping house.
Hincher, Merta M.
, daughter, age 12, born in Michigan; parents born in New York; attended school.
Hincher, Lee Dewey
, son, age 8, born in Michigan; parents born in New York; attended school.
Abel Roe Henshaw died 1900, buried Lot 217, Section 4, Burr Oak Cemetery, St. Joseph County, Michigan.2,8 Abel died in the spring of 1900.2 (1899).4
Mary died Feb - 1916, buried Lot 123, Section 2, Burr Oak Cemetery, St. Joseph County, Michigan.2,8
- 1860 census, Burr Oak, St. Joseph County, Michigan; page 169, line #30, dwelling #1276, family #1272.
- "Hincher family genealogical notes", a short manuscript on the ancestry
of Howard Franklin Hincher; LDS microfilm #1307583, item 5.
- 1880 LDS census index, Burr Oak, St. Joseph County, Michigan; roll T9-0603, page 242A.
- The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution,
Lineage Books, Volume 111.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- Contribution from Raymond G. Hincher.
- Granger, John: "History of the Granger Family"; 1893.
- Burr Oak Cemetery F-J, St. Joseph County, Michigan; USGenWeb Archives.
- 1850 census, Gates Township, Monroe County, New York; page 264, line #23, dwelling #135, family #135.
- 1860 census, Burr Oak, St. Joseph County, Michigan; page 169, line #21, dwelling #1275, family #1271.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]