┌── Johnathan Hinshaw
┌── Jonathan Armstrong Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1837-1903 │
│ └── Lydia -
Missouri Isabel Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1866 │ ┌── John Moody
D: 1948 │ │
└── Rachael Elizabeth Moody ─────┤
└── Mary "Polly" King
M: George Lee Speegle
Missouri Isabel Hinshaw [ID 08059]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Missouri Isabel Hinshaw1 [Missouri B. Hinshaw2, Belle Henshaw3, Isabel Missouri Hinshaw4, Isabel Henshaw5,6,7].
Born Sep 17 1866, California.1,2,5,6 (c1870).8
Isabel was enumerated twice in the 1880 census: once with her parents and siblings on Aug 14 1880,1 and also on Jun 7-8 1880 living in the household of a Willard Fraser family in the town of Napa, California:7
Fraser, Willard, age 24, born in Ohio.
Fraser, Josephine, wife, age 24, born in California.
Fraser, George, son, age 6 months, born Dec 1879 in California.
Hinshaw, Isabell, servant, age 14, born in California; nurse; attended school.
She married George Lee Speegle, about 1886.3,8,9,10 George, son of William Russell Speegle & Barbara Adaline/Adalaide Caudill, was born 1861, Pajaro, Monterey County, California.4 (c1863).8,10 (c1865).9
Lelia/Lela M. Speegle, born Nov 12 1888, California; died Feb 20 1968, Stanislaus County, California; married 1) George Chester Archibald, Aug 6 1911, Campbell, California (children: Lillian B. and Hedley C. Archibald); 2) Carl I. Shirk.
William Emmett Speegle, born Dec 12 1890, Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California; died Oct 19 1973, Santa Clara County, California.
Isabel and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 27 1910), Hopkins Street, Campbell Township, Santa Clara County, California:8
Speegle, George L., head-of-household, age 47, born in California; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Iowa; first marriage, married 24 years; occupation: laborer, odd jobs; owned home (free).
Speegle, Isabel, wife, age 40, born in California; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Missouri; first marriage, married 24 years; 5 children, 3 living.
Speegle, Lela, daughter, age 20, born in California; parents born in California.
Speegle, William E., son, age 19, born in California; parents born in California; occupation: [..unclear..], fruit packing co.
Isabel and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 14 1920), Campbell, Santa Clara County, California:9
Speegle, George L., head-of-household, age 55, born in California; father born in Arkansas; mother born in Ohio; owned home; occupation: laborer, canning factory.
Speegle, Isabel, wife, age 52, born in California; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Missouri.
Archibald, George C., son-in-law, age 29, born in Massachusetts; father born in Canada; mother born in South Dakota; occupation: salesman, grocery.
Archibald, Lilie [unclear] M., daughter, age 31, born in California; parents born in California.
Archibald, Lillian B., granddaughter, age 6, born in Nevada [unclear]; father born in U.S. [unclear]; mother born in California; attended school.
Archibald, Hedley [unclear] C., grandson, age 3 years ? months, born in California; father born in Massachusetts; mother born in California.
George died Feb 3 1938, Santa Clara County, California; age 75.13,14
Missouri Isabel Hinshaw died Jan 8 1948, Stanislaus County, California.5,6
- 1880 census, Napa Township, Napa County, California; roll T9-0069, ED 73, page 369A, line #1, dwelling #111, family #111.
- 1870 census, Santa Clara County, California.
- "Early Settlers File", Santa Clara [California] Genealogical Society, Santa Clara City Library:
an account of Jonathan Armstrong Henshaw by his daughter, Bertha Henshaw Eaton.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Speacht/Fisher/Adams Family Tree" posted by "Blueshadows55".
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, City of Napa, Napa County, California; roll T9-0069, ED 70, page 286C, line #1, dwelling #111, family #111.
- 1910 census, Campbell Township, Santa Clara County, California; roll T624-105, ED 67, page 59A, line #16, dwelling #223, family #224.
- 1920 census, Campbell, Santa Clara County, California; roll T625-146, ED 123, page 9B, line #91, dwelling #235, family #264.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data posted by Gwen Bachman ().
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1930-1939:
- California, Death Index, 1905-1939; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]