┌── William Hinshaw
┌── Darius Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1812-1900 │
│ └── Lorohame Beeson
Roswell Erastus Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1842 │ ┌── Job Davis
D: 1885 │ │
└── Nancy Ann Davis ──┤
└── Nancy Ann Farlow
M: Nancy Anne Vancannon
├── Darius Marshal Hinshaw (1880-1970) 1,2,3
├── Martha Jane Hinshaw (1882-?) 2
└── Sara Eliza Hinshaw (1888-?) 2
Roswell Erastus Hinshaw [ID 00812]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 12-3-1842, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.1,4,5,6,7,8,9
He married Nancy Anne Vancannon2,6 [Nancy Ann Voncannon3], Dec 19 18782,6. Nancy was born Jul 7 1851, North Carolina.1,2
Roswell and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 15 1880), Randolph County, North Carolina:1
Hinshaw, Roswell E., father, age 37, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; farmer.
Hinshaw, Nancy A., wife, age 28, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; house keeper.
Hinshaw, Darius M.Living next door in 1880 was the family of brother Oliver;10 also living nearby were Roswell's parents and family.11
, son, age 5 months, born Jan  in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
Roswell Erastus Hinshaw died 4-4-1885, Marlborough MM, Randolph County, North Carolina; buried Marlboro Friends Church, Sophia, North Carolina.4,5,6,7
- 1880 census, Back Creek Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-0978, ED 215, page 93B, line #34, dwelling #297, family #297.
- Contribution from Don Hinshaw.
- North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- U.S., Quaker Meeting Records, 1681-1994; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 190, line #19, dwelling #384, family #384.
- 1860 census, Ashboro P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 149B-150A, line #40, dwelling #171, family #163.
- 1880 census, Back Creek Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-0978, ED 215, page 93B, line #37, dwelling #298, family #298.
- 1880 census, Back Creek Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-0978, ED 215, page 93B, line #11, dwelling #293, family #293.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]