+-- Thomas Hinshaw | 1757-1825 +-- Enoch Hinshaw --+ | 1794-1864 | | +-- Rebecca Marshill | 1762-1836 Nathan Hinshaw ------+ B: 1823 | +-- Isaac H. York D: 1864 | | +-- Sylvina York ---+ 1805-1890 | +-- Elleanor Aldridge M: Mary Elma Hinshaw +-- Zebedee Marion Hinshaw, 1856-1923 +-- Sabra Rebecca Hinshaw, 1858-1925 +-- Hannah Sylvania Hinshaw, 1859-1919 +-- Sylvia Hinshaw, 1860-? +-- William Enoch Hinshaw, 1863-1863 +-- James Milton Hinshaw, 1864-1864
|Nathan Hinshaw     [ID 00850]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born Sep 23 1823, Julian, Guilford County, North Carolina.44,93,205    (Sep 13 1823).127,153,a
He married Mary Elma Hinshaw, Mar 11 1855, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,44,93,127,153,205    Mary Elma Hinshaw, daughter of Zebedee Hinshaw & Rebecca Trogdon, was born Aug 25 1833, Randleman, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,93,127,153,205,b,c,d    Nathan and Mary were second cousins once removed.
A marriage bond was recorded for Nathan Hinshaw & Mary E. Hinshaw on Mar 7, 1855, Randolph County, North Carolina.36
Nathan and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 13 1860), Longs Mills P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina:b
At Center MM on 11-20-1869, "Mary and children, Zebedee M., Sabra R. & Hannah S." were received by request.2
Widow Mary and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 12 1870), New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina:c
Widow Mary and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 2 1880), New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:d
Mary Elma Hinshaw died Mar 17 1921, buried Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.93,127,205,a    Mary and Nathan are buried together at Providence.
Photo: Mary Elma Hinshaw h
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
127. Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
153. Family group sheets from Denzel Marie Hinshaw, contributed by Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Providence Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume IV". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1991 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
(b) 1860 census, Longs Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 281, line #10, dwelling #799, family #799.
(c) 1870 census, New Salem P.O., Randolph County, North Carolina; page 435, line #1, dwelling #134, family #131.
(d) 1880 census, New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-0978, ED 211, page 30B, line #31, dwelling #14, family #14.
(e) 1870 census, New Salem P.O., New Salem Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M593-1156, page 435, line #19, dwelling #137, family #134.
(f) 1920 census, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T625-1318, ED 111, page 5A, line #16, dwelling #67, family #67.
(g) 1860 census, Longs Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 281, line #7, dwelling #798, family #798.
(h) Photo courtesy of Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr..
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]