+-- William Hinshaw | 1724-1814 +-- Thomas Hinshaw ----+ | 1757-1825 | | +-- Sarah Courtney | 1730-c1768 Enoch Hinshaw ---+ B: 1794 | +-- William Marshill D: 1864 | | +-- Rebecca Marshill --+ 1762-1836 | +-- Rebecca Dixson M: Sylvina York +-- Nathan Hinshaw, 1823-1864 +-- Hannah Hinshaw, 1826-? +-- Hugh Hinshaw, 1828-? +-- Jabes Hinshaw, 1835-1863 +-- Barsheba Hinshaw, 1837-? +-- Clark Hinshaw, 1850-1902
|Enoch Hinshaw     [ID 00086]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 1-24-1794, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,93,183,205,a,217,b,c,d
At Cane Creek MM on 7-5-1817, Enoch was granted a certificate to Center MM.2    (few Hinshaw records this early from Center MM remain).
He married Sylvina York, Oct 9 1822, Randolph County, North Carolina.36,44,93    (Sylvania York)44,93,183    Sylvina, daughter of Isaac H. York & Elleanor Aldridge, was born Apr 29 1805, Randolph County, North Carolina.93,e,183,a,c,f,g,d
A marriage bond was recorded for Enoch Hinshaw & Sylvina York on Oct 9 1822, Randolph County, North Carolina.36
On Jun 8 1844 Enoch Hinshaw was one of several buyers of the inventory of the estate of a Mary M. Moser, recorded in Randolph County, North Carolina.h
Enoch and family were shown in the 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina:b
Enoch and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 13 1860), Randolph County, North Carolina:c
Enoch's will, probated in Randolph County in 1864, is recorded in the North Carolina State Archives (Raleigh, NC); Will Book 13, page 141j (see below).
Widow Sylvina and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 16 1870), Randolph County, North Carolina:f
Widow Sylvania was shown in the 1880 census (Jun 23 1880), living in the household of son Clarkson in Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina:g
Photo: Sylvania York l
Photo: Sylvania York's house l
Photo: Enoch Hinshaw's last will and testament 218
Photo: Enoch Hinshaw gravestone Providence Friends Cemetery m
Photo: Sylvania York gravestone Providence Friends Cemetery m
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
36. "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
183. "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
218. Randolph County, North Carolina original wills; LDS FHL microfilm #1578527
(a) Contribution from Waldo Hinshaw citing: "Providence Cemetery Listing",
"Piedmont North Carolina Cemeteries, Volume IV". Mr & Mrs L S Hornaday Jr.
Published 1991 by L S Hornaday, Burlington, NC 27217.
(b) 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 240, dwelling #1125.
(c) 1860 census, Longs Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 282, line #16, dwelling #810, family #810.
(d) Contribution from Richard Alan Wood, citing: gravestone.
(e) Edenfield Genealogical Society database: http://www.edenfield.org.
(f) 1870 census, Sandy Creek P.O., Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 383B, line #35, dwelling #34, family #32.
(g) 1880 census, Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T9-978, ED 212, page 49D, line #31, dwelling #199, family #199.
(h) "Randolph County Estates"; "The Genealogical Journal",
Vol. XXII, No. 2, Spring 1999; Randolph County Genealogical Society.
(i) 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 240, dwelling #1127.
(j) Mitchell, Thornton W. "North Carolina Wills; A Testator Index, 1665-1900".
(k) 1870 census, Sandy Creek P.O., Liberty Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; page 383B, line #33, dwelling #33, family #31.
(l) Photo courtesy of Lee Hoyt Hinshaw Jr..
(m) Photo courtesy of Richard Alan Wood.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]