┌── Isaac Martin Hinshaw
┌── William Arthur Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1886-1962 │
│ └── Emily Frances Winters
Stella Marie Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1915 │ ┌── F. K. Oswalt
D: 1995 │ │
└── Leitha Jane Ostwalt ─────┤
└── Jane Poole
M: Russell Harold Walker
Stella Marie Hinshaw [ID 08877]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Stella Marie Hinshaw1 [Stella Ruth Hinshaw2].
Born Apr 30 1915, Yadkin County, North Carolina.1,3,4,5,6,7
Stella was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 8 1940), living in the household of sister Kathleen, Valdese, Burke County, North Carolina:8
Hinshaw, Stella, sister-in-law, age 23, born in North Carolina; completed 2 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Burke County, North Carolina; single; occupation: clerk, department store; worked 50 weeks in 1939; $625 wages in 1939.
Stella was shown in the 1942 city directory of Charlotte, North Carolina:9
Hinshaw Stella student r115 N Caldwell apt D
She married Russell Harold Walker, Oct 9 1943, North Carolina.10,11 Russell, son of Fred Henry Walker & Lila Belle Neal, was born Jul 13 1918, Stearns County, Minnesota.10,12
Stella Marie Walker, born Apr 21 1943, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina; died 1951.
James Melvin Walker, born Dec 7 1948, Stearns County, Minnesota.
William Harold Walker, born Jul 17 1958, Minnesota; died Jul 4 1996, Durham, North Carolina.
Russell died Jan 30 1959, Stearns County, Minnesota; buried Greenwood Cemetery, Sauk Centre, Stearns County, Minnesota.12,15
Stella Marie Hinshaw died Jun 20 1995, Hickory, Catawba County, North Carolina; age 80.5,6,7
Social Security information for Stella Marie Hinshaw: 238-01-7978
- North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Benkelman Precinct, Dundy County, Nebraska; roll T625-991, ED 50, page 13A, line #26, dwelling #25, family #25.
- 1930 census, Rutherford College, Burke County, North Carolina; roll T626-1677, ED 10, page 4A, line #8, dwelling #61, family #61.
- North Carolina, Death Indexes, 1908-2004; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1940 census, Valdese, Burke County, North Carolina; roll T627-2880, ED 12-9B, page 7A, line #4, household #127.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Callahan-Lagergren-Machula-Stein" posted by "nathan_mn".
- Contribution from Matthew S. Marlier ().
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, Birth Index, 1865-2012; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Register of Deeds, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina; birth index:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]